And then God gave me this Autumn to soothe my soul. Led us to live in a beautiful house with huge windows and gorgeous, leafy trees. Nature walks with the kids complete with gathering acorns like their very lives depended on it (maybe my kids are actually squirrels?). A husband that gets to come home for lunch most days- a beautiful break in our sometimes hectic days. My only complaint being my grouchy, teething toddler. Poor little Delle the Grouch. But she is so cute, most of the time it makes up for the grouchy. And I think the teething is subsiding some (for now, at least).
I feel like I have finally gotten the hang of homeschooling. Love it. Love to see them learning. Building community with each other, taking care of one another. The creativity. Joy.
I am so grateful. I still miss the mountains. So much, but at least it doesn't ache now. I hope to get to live in the mountains again. But I can be alright until then. Good even.
The following pictures are what happens when you allow kids to take the camera outside on a beautiful fall day:








4 comments:
I'm glad to hear things are going well right now. Getting to see your husband in the middle of the day truly is a blessing, isn't it? Some days it's like hitting the "reset" button when we need it most. Claire is teething right now as well, so maybe we should just put her and Adelle in a room together and they can gnaw on each other. It's a thought at least.
Oh, and I love all the pics the kids took outside, especially the "mom" in leaves - so sweet! And the posed clothes is definitely a memory worth preserving :)
Love the clothes picture! Issy is too cute. I'm glad you're adjusting a bit better now too :)
I love, love, love the pictures of the kids and I'm glad you are happy with your house and the scenery. It totally rocks that you get to see Joe during lunch :) I love Issy's clothes posing, very funny.
i want an issy. i fear tim and i can only reproduce hotheaded, wild boys. and if we ever get a girl, i'm sure she'd have our tempers as well : (
love all the pics but issy's clothes are my fav!
glad you are at peace, friend.
Post a Comment