We had the opportunity to have Mom visit us this last week. I didn't get to show her around as much as I would have liked, but it was wonderful to just have her be a part of our day to day life here. As crazy as that is sometimes.
Evening on the back deck. Isaac's knee had a run in with the metal swingset pole. He is looking appropriately pathetic here.
Yes, he is as ornery as he looks.
We did get to take Grammie on a trip to the park. Here, I was trying to take a picture of Liam playing with the digger. But, more appropriately perhaps, I got a picture of him running off to do something else.
Grammie with the little chubby buddy.
Adelle wanted to push the merry-go-round. This pleased her a lot. Isaac tried to help her and she shrieked, "NO ISAAC! IT'S MY TURN". And I do mean shrieked. Her personality is inversely proportional to her size.
Poor Isaac. He did get a turn to push after this.
Riding the merry-go-round.
Snuggle.
Today would have been my mother's 68th birthday. I miss her very, very much. Between her birthday and Mother's Day, I always think of her a lot this time of year. But I am so grateful to have such a wonderful, caring mother-in-law who treats me like I am her own daughter :)









4 comments:
Sounds like a great visit. Your MIL is a wonderful woman, you are blessed for sure.
Aww, what a sweet post. And sweet company! I particularly like her choice of WI beers.
Very sweet! I love the ornery George picture, and the picture of your MIL with a beer :)
So glad you had her company for a bit. You do have an AMAZING mother-in-law.
Picture of Isaac make me realize more and more how similar him and Nicholas are.
And I wonder what Issy is thinking about on that merry go round?
Post a Comment