Clothing myself in: Black sweatpants, blue long-sleeved shirt. On a side note, I must share my excitement- I got a new outfit this weekend. I got a pair of jeans (that fits!) and a shirt that is not at all my normal "mom" uniform. The best part is, it was relatively cheap. When we were moving last winter, i actually went through a big pile of birthday cards and divided them up into whose they were (it is my one thing that I kind of hoard- old cards and letters). And I came across a birthday card of mine from 2006 that had a $20 gift card to Maurice's. So I got to spend it- finally.
Wow, that was a really long paragraph considering I really only wearing black sweatpants and a blue long-sleeved shirt :)
Around the house: The short story is that we retiled the master bathroom. But the long story would be titled: When You Give a Mouse Some Floor Tile. A few months back, Joe bought some cheap ceramic tile at Lowe's. Enough to redo our bathroom floor, which had early 90's-style linoleum. His sister Gina has tiled a bunch of things in their house and she does beautiful work, so we were going to ask her to help us with the floor when she visited. Somehow, as house projects sometimes do, just the floor became also redoing the tile up the front and around the big bathtub since it was also 90's-style fabulous. And since I had her expertise, she choose a coordinating paint color. I still need to paint, re-grout a spot on the floor that got messed up, seal the grout and we need to re-install the toilet. I can't wait to share a post about it when it is all done!
Also, when we started decorating for Christmas, we realized there was no good place to hang our stockings. Joe's dad loves a good project, so Joe emailed him an idea. He sent it with Gina and Dave and it is so lovely. Thanks, Dad Marney!
The toddler: Sick. He has had a runny nose and goopy eyes for about a week now. Also, other bottom molar is making his gums really swollen. So we went from 1 nightwaking back to like 3 or 4. And he is kind of unpleasant during the day. But really cute. New word: Uppy and a sound that imitates a toy gun we have.The kiddos: Most of them are also sick. Except Isabelle.
Crafting: Need to work on sewing part of Issy's Christmas gift.
In the kitchen: Jambalaya, Chili, Homemade Pizza.
Bringing me joy: Hanging out with family, a beautiful bathroom, how kind and caring my children are, seeing Issy and Isaac in their Christmas program.
Thinking about: Mostly I am just worried about my babies being sick. I hate this part of parenting- the worrying. If you could keep them in your prayers, I would appreciate it.
Pictures to share: She was helping me make dinner. And eating raw green onions.
Issy was Tanga the kangaroo in their "Christmas Down Under" program. Isaac was St. Joseph.


8 comments:
The stockings look awesome! What a clever idea. Still on a hunt for one for Clem. Ours are homemade (and the aunt who made them I believe may no longer be making them). And aside from that, I have found that all store bought stockings point the toe to the right, and all our homemade ones point to the left. I never knew there was a standard direction for stockings to point but apparently there is. And ours point the wrong way. Sorry, that was kind of a tangent.
I will say some extra prayers for your kids and their sickies.
BLESSINGS!
Prayers for you guys Erin!! I hope its a quick sickness.
I'm excited to see what the bathroom looks like.
Very cool stocking hanger...I want one!
Monica our homemade stockings toe left, too. Very interesting.
Hope you are all healthy again soon!
Would you believe i got a text from my sis-in-law saying that a stocking arrived from said aunt for Clem at their place today?! So exciting. Sorry, I just had to share that somewhere.
Stockings look great! Can't wait to see the finished bathroom. I will pray the littles are all better soon!
All the kids are feeling better. Thank goodness. Thank you all for the prayers :)
I guess I never thought about the standard way a stocking hangs. The only one that we could do both ways is Joe because it didn't have a design on it, but now I have put his name on it, so we have to hang it the same way as everyone else's. Glad you got one for Clem, Monica!
Erin, I love the stockings!!! What a great idea. It looks great.
Glad the kids are better! That is a cool stocking hanger! How fun they got to be in the play! You guys are really loving the homeownership! You've done more in your little time there than we have in our house we've been in for almost 5 years!
Post a Comment