Monday, March 11, 2013

Journal: Cabin fever and gratitude

Out my window: 30 and snowing, again. I had forgotten from living in Idaho how long this makes this part of the year feel. The anticipation of Spring. The snow is super beautiful this morning though, so at least there is that.

Clothing myself in: Black yoga pants, purple long sleeved T, pink Garden of the Gods hoodie.  Going to go upstairs to work out after this.

Around the house: The paint for around my vanity isn't here yet. Soon, I hope.

The toddler: The nightweaning part of nightweaning has been going just fine. He is doing great- sometimes I hear him wake up really briefly and then go back to sleep. Buuuut- he is still trying to push wake-up earlier and earlier into the 5 o'clock hour. Overall, I really can't complain. I went from having him wake up multiple times a night and insisting on getting up at 4:30 to sleeping through the night until 5:15 or 5:30.

Words: His favorite this week was "stop". Only long, drawn-out, usually screeched, and repeated multiple times until you stopped doing whatever the offending thing was. Which, at times, was just being present. Oh, toddlers. A few weeks ago he deemed his blanket "mee mee" and we hold it while he nurses (or I pin his arm down with it so he can't poke me/ pat me/ whack me/ wave his arm around).  He can also say poo poo, which I told him was a sign it was time to potty train. Heh, yeah right.

The kiddos: Issy's tenth birthday is Saturday. I can't believe she is going to be ten.  I talked with the school administrator about Liam spending a couple of days at the Academy after Easter break, just to see how it goes. I haven't told him yet, but he is going to be so. excited.

Crafting: Working on mystery project, my shrug is sitting on my shelf staring at me.

In the kitchen: We had white bean and sausage penne pasta last night, which is super tasty, although some of my kids don't like it very much.  On the menu we have black bean burritos, bean and cheese quinoa squares, turkey chili and turkey and rice casserole.

Bringing me joy: Even though I am totally ready for spring, the snow today is so beautiful- falling gently and silently, the way it stays on the branches of the trees, the moisture for my kind of sad looking pine trees. Listening to some of my favorite music from when I was younger. The Sacraments. Seeing how beautiful and grown up my Isabelle is getting. Tenderhearted Liam. How Isaac loves to help me in the kitchen. Adelle doing ballet. George understanding more- putting his cup next to his bed at nap and bedtime and getting his blanket so we can nurse.  A long and relaxing dinner date with Joe. Getting to go to a bridal shower for our babysitter who is entering the convent in April- seeing her joy and enthusiasm.

Thinking about: Divine Mercy. I have been reading Consoling the Heart of Jesus. Beautiful book.

Pictures to share: Snow day Scrabble last week.

March 9th, 2012
March 11th, 2013



1 comment:

Erika Marie said...

That workout video looks fun!
How did Liam like his Academy visit?
Snow can be so beautiful...even if I'm really ready for spring.