Friday, March 22, 2013

*tap tap tap* "Is this thing still on?"

Since I have made my blog private, I am concerned that no one is reading any longer.  Because it is no longer public, it doesn't appear in feeds or updates and you have to be signed in when you come to the address. I have tried to figure out a way to make subscription by email available but have had no luck.

Stupid technology. Stupid internet.

Anyways, if you are still here, hi, and thanks for being patient with the changes.  I promise more cute kid updates. And maybe a bit of whining. And pictures.

Because I didn't do a journal this week, here is the truncated version:

Out my window: Dark. Since nightweaning, George has mostly started sleeping through the night, but still wants to wake up for the day in the five o'clock hour. Trying to figure out how to convince him not to do that.

If it was lighty, I would see that there is still a ton of snow on the ground.  I have officially given up on Spring.

The toddler: Words recently: sock, shoe, snow, cleanup, help!, hi, cuppy, meow, and a bunch other that  I can't recall right now.

The kiddos: Spring Break! Issy and Isaac just finished their third quarter. Only nine more weeks of school left.  Liam is going to be done with Mother of Divine Grace by mid- May. Joe and I have talked about sending Issy to Camp Totus Tuus this summer, which she is excited about. Her birthday was wonderful for her- will try to share pictures soon. Delle's days are full of dress up, playing with Liam (she particularly loves play dough), and she really loves to dance.  She is in a pretty easygoing stage (for a three-year-old) right now.

Bringing me joy: My sister, brother-in-law, four of their sons, my Dad and the exchange student are visiting this week, it has been really fun, if not a bit crazy :)  Issy's joy on her birthday, hanging out with Joe, Josh Groban's new album, the new Pope.

Thinking about: All I need to do to get ready for our trip to Kansas on Wednesday. I am so excited. Friends, family, getting to see grass again. So wonderful.

8 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I'm still reading, but not commenting like a good friend would (sorry). Thanks for the updates to keep me distracted from cleaning. Because I really needed extra incentive to avoid that.

Sincerely,
Your non-commenting readership with a new baby

Unknown said...

I like your title for this blog post. It made me laugh. I am also still reading your blog. I sometimes forget to check it, and then I get excited when I remember it exists and I hold out hope you might have posted something.
I also have just gotten the hang of leaving comments. Before that it seemed hard...I'm lame, I know.
Keep up the good work.

Jackie said...

Well done, Erin. I was hoping you hadn't given up on the blogging. I'm really looking forward to your visit!
Totus Tuus would be a fun adventure for Issy, and I can't wait to see how Mr. George has grown.

Erin said...

It's okay Elizabeth, I am bad about commenting a lot of the time and I don't even have the new baby reason. I will give him a talking to about about his adorableness taking up all his mother's time when I am in KS :)

Hi Mary and Jackie :) Thanks for commenting. I *could* talk to myself (I do quite a bit, actually) but it is nice to know you are out there :)

Erika Marie said...

Hey! I'm here too! Maybe you could just do a quick FB status update when you blog? I love being able to keep up with you here. Though it will be so great to see you all in person soon! Alaina may not be able to wait though!

Abigail said...

Wish I was in Wichita to see you, too. Or maybe you've already gone and come back. I'm an occasional-blog-checker, but I promise I still will! :-)

Monica said...

ditto what MaryEllen said about checking. I'm still here.

And I am so. sad. we didn't get to see you. Stupid puke. June??

Erin said...

Yeeees, Monica, that was a real bummer! End of May :)

Hi Abigail! Any chance you will be around Wichita at the end of May/ first part of June?