Clothing myself in: Jeans that I fit into again. Woodstock T-shirt that I got in the men's section at JCPenney a long time ago. It is super soft and comfortable. I got bleach flecks on it while cleaning sometime though :(
Around the house: Joe got home from a 5 day business trip on Saturday at 4:30 a.m. and he was pretty beat, so we had a pretty chilled out, low-productivity weekend. We ate good food. I organized my yarn. We watched movies. It was good.
The toddler: He was in the dining room and I was in the reading nook and he heard me sneeze the other day and he said, "Bless you, Mama." He has been sleeping later again but not napping well. Back and forth, push and pull with him. A step in the right direction for the most part though.
The kiddos: Pretty great. They get along well most of the time, they are sweet, they are funny, they are kind, they are cute. I couldn't really ask for better kids.
In the kitchen: Soups! We had cauliflower and bacon soup last night (and I made blueberry cobbler). On the menu: Pork and sweet potato soup, chicken curry soup, chili, and Italian sausage soup. (And thank you, Oxford comma. I had originally written it without the comma after chili and no, we aren't have something called "chili and Italian sausage soup". Although that doesn't sound terrible.)
Crafting: I finished knitting the baby sweater to sell, but for some reason, the seaming was giving me fits when I tried to do it last night, so I decided to come back to it later. As mentioned above, I organized my yarn yesterday and revived some abandoned projects, so that is fun.
Bringing me joy: Joe's return. Seriously, having him return home after being gone for a while is always like magic. He has traveled quite a bit (and just worked crazy long hours) over the last few years for his jobs, so I am okay when he is gone. I mean, I miss him, but I can run our household fairly well alone. But it really is just so much better when he is here.
Thinking about: God's will for our family.
Pictures to share:
Getting to play outside after dinner has been pretty awesome. The kids and dogs think so.
Eating an apple one morning while we hung out on the loveseat together.
Coming out after bedtime one evening and she was so hungry and could she please, please, please have just one tortilla chip?
4 comments:
Yay for jeans that fit again!
Geri and Mary recently told me the secret to finding 'modest' (not so low) V-necks is to buy them in the Men's section. I bet they wouldn't be so tight around the belly either.
Those soups sound yummy. I wish my dear was more of a soup guy. :( And yeah, I've come to really appreciate the Oxford more.
Aww, how could you say no to her! (Adelle!)
Such sweeties.
So did she get that tortilla chip?
What is an Oxford comma?
I am ready for jeans weather.
Yup, I am kind of a sucker for Adelle- eyes. Though it was just the teeny tiny corner of one.
A bit about the Oxford comma: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serial_comma
Yeah, it's been in the seventies and gorgeous here for a while. Looks like it might warm up a bit at the end of the week though. I love jeans weather.
I will make soup for you sometime, Erika. The kids are less than appreciative of some of my soups but we keep trying.
Interesting. Guess I knew what it was but not what it was called. I used to always use it, but now have shied away unless it is necessary to clarify (like in the case of your soups) as I kind of seem to be the type of person who over-commas things.
Post a Comment