Out my window: Dark. A couple (three?) inches of fluffy snow. (I measured after it got light outside- a little over four inches :P Which is decidedly more than the trace to two they predicted.) It had been in the 50s and 60s and gorgeous for the last week, so I won't complain. All of the snow had melted. This'll melt soon, I hope.
Around the house: It was rainy this weekend, so we worked on some Spring Cleaning inside. Purged Liam's room, brought the queen sized bed from Isaac's room in the basement and Isaac and Liam are sharing the large upstairs bedroom now. Purged Delle's room and rearranged her furniture. Purged Issy's room and moved her into Isaac's downstairs bedroom. Made her old downstairs bedroom into a big kid's toy room with Legos. And my sewing stuff is going to go in there so my machine will be more easily accessible.
I also did a ton of laundry and switched the girl's winter clothes for summer clothes. Blessedly, having lived in this climate for a while, I know to leave out several pairs of jeans and sweatshirts for days like this. All in all, we had a very productive weekend.
Toddler: Tiring. He was pretty good this weekend (whoa, he must've sensed me typing about him- he juuuust woke up.) He's been fairly tricky about doing simple things, particularly getting dressed. And he's a big dude, so him flopping around and being generally uncooperative while I am trying to dress him is a bit of a challenge. But he's been sleeping fairly well lately, thank goodness. And he's been loving all the outside time. Looooving it.
Kiddos: The kid's school closed. The kid's were all very disappointed/ sad. I am feeling pretty ungreat about our options next year :( Please keep up prayers- I just want to feel peaceful about whatever decision we make.
In the kitchen: Easy stuff. Spaghetti, turkey and rice casserole.
Crafting: I gave my friend the blanket I sewed for her little boy this weekend. It isn't much, but I love the fabric.
Worked a little bit on the shrug that I started last Spring. Hoping to finish it this week.
Bringing me joy: Warm pine breezes, the smell of sun-dried blankets, the way Adelle would squeal in delight at every new hand-me-down outfit she would put on. Quick naptime errands with just Joe, the crackle of the a fire in the firepit on a with thunder in the distance, getting ready for Easter.
Thinking about: How good decluttering felt this weekend. It is always good to be less attached to Stuff. My personal Stuff struggle is papers. Kid's papers, old bills, old cards, filled up workbooks. There are
Less stuff. It's a good thing.
Pictures to share:
Non-boot shoes!
Reading on Saturday morning.
4 comments:
super cute shoes!!
and i totally agree, i am so over STUFF. especially stuffed animals. but i, too, remember who gave them and why and struggle with letting some of them go even though cameron couldn't care less about any of them except a select 2 or 3. also, i have no idea where to take them! most of our purges end in trips to the goodwill, but sending stuffed animals there just seems like throwing them in the trash for their uselessness and i would much prefer they go somewhere for someone else to enjoy them more than they are at my house. haven't solved that one yet though.
i hope your snow melts quickly. snow blows in april.
So I read this when you originally posted it but never commented. If the kiddos school closed are you back to homeschooling? Did you have to quit your job? That sounds like a stinky situation all the way around. Sorry friend.
I just remembered I never came to read this or comment! Sorry - bad friend alert.
I meant to tell you when I saw that I really like your shoes! Cute and comfy.
And the underwear morning reading one is classic.
Great job on the blanket! It's the small things like that that count.
And....oh yeah the clutter! I'm with you! I recently went through last year and this year's bills and am getting rid of the ones we really don't need. Soon I'll start on all the years of other papers we've also kept in our basement.
As much as I hate paper clutter and toys I also have a hard time parting with stuffed animals which have a sentimental memory attached. There are some I wish I would have kept and others that should really just leave.
This reminds me of when I used to help your kids put all their animals back in there wall hammock Fun times. I feel like I could drive over to that house and Issy and Isaac would still be there - just the way they were back then.
Love the underwear/reading pic. I think we have those underpants around here somewhere, as Kolbe apparently has a very quick growing rump and we own like 14 different sizes of little boy underpants.
Post a Comment