Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Journal: Time is flying by!

Out my window: Dark and upper forties. It still is fairly cool, though we have had a couple 70+ degree days.

Clothing myself in: Purple tank top and black cardigan sweater. Skinny jeans.

Around the house: Whew. Reorganized and purged our closest, put a twin bed in George's room. Decluttered the countertop in the laundry room, which might as well have been climbing Mount Everest. I still need to purge and reorganize the art supplies in the laundry room cabinets. That's next. Still need to switch out George's summer clothes- it has been cool enough that he wears jeans most days anyways.

Toddler: Sigh. We had had a really good run with better sleep before we went to Kansas but it's been touch and go since we got back. His bad BMs are back, too which is leaving me to analyze his diet again. Gah, why isn't parenting easy? He is completely exasperating and strong-willed in one breath and so charming the next.

Kiddos: 6 days of school left. They had their last school program on Friday and it was beautiful and sad. I am so glad that we were able to be part of that community for a couple of years, it's been so good for them.

After much deliberation, it was decided that I would stay home and homeschool this fall. I am finishing up at my work and training my replacement over the summer. I am very sad to be leaving my work- it's been such a good experience. But I kept trying to wrap my head around sending the kids to a school I didn't feel comfortable but I felt no peace. But the decision to homeschool them immediately gave my the peace I had been praying for, even though it requires some sacrifices.

We are doing a public charter school that primarily uses Calvert curriculum  Since this is our first time doing a virtual charter school, I am interested in seeing how it works for us.  Isaac is excited about homeschooling. Issy and Liam are more neutral about it- they say they are happy, but they will miss seeing their friends everyday. It will take some adjustment for everyone again, for sure.

In the kitchen: I don't even remember. Joe made the menu and did the grocery shopping.

Crafting: Hahaha. No.

Bringing me joy: Blue sky. Fire pit nights with Joe, George's reaction to seeing his big Lightening McQueen bed and sheets, the way George calls thunder "bunder". The way he says "He's a good worker" with deep admiration when someone is working hard, seeing Isabelle growing into such a complex young lady, listening to Jars of Clay really loud on the way to work.

Thinking about: Life has been crazy lately. Mostly good crazy. I got a job waitressing since I'll be leaving Catholic Word soon. I work three evenings a week. It is exhausting but worth it. Hoping the craziness and the sacrifices now are going to pay off.

Pictures to share: Some Marney family fun in Kansas




2 comments:

Erika Marie said...

Six days! Time really did fly! We've got the same count down here.
I'm glad you found peace in your decision about their school. It will be a change but your kids are good at adapting all I'm sure it will go well.
You are an amazing woman - working two jobs and being a mom to five kids and a great wife! I'm exhausted just thinking about it. ;)
Here's to a great summer and more peace in all your decision making.

Jackie said...

Thanks for the great update Erin! I read your blog and smile and am so, so grateful that we are friends.