Out my window: 65 degrees and goooorgeous. It was the perfect day, weather-wise. And with a little bug spray, the mosquitoes weren't terrible in the afternoon. Blue skies, a few puffy clouds, a ton of sun. Lovely.
Around the house: Laundry room is done! We just need to buy some new things to reattach threshold and a new vent cover and bam. Finished! I loooove it. It is so much better than the linoleum. Like a gazillion times better.
Clothing myself in: Blue jeans, blue lace trimmed tank top, lightweight black cardigan.
Toddler: Pretty great, for the most part. He seems to be doing really well with the babysitter other than mostly opting out of a nap. I think maybe he likes not having to compete with other kids his age. He is starting to love books and being read to. It's one of the activities he will actually do for more than 10 seconds. It's wonderful. Potty training is going ok.
Kiddos: Summer school starts tomorrow. They are all excited. I am hoping it is as fun as they hope it's going to be!
In the kitchen: Lots of the regular this week. But for our anniversary today, Joe and I had the house to ourselves and had a delicious meal- grilled German sausage, homemade au gratin potatoes and beer bread. Delish.
Crafting: Sigh. No. I miss it but I just don't have the energy to do it.
Bringing me joy: Quiet time on the back deck with Joe, warm sunshine on my face, staring at the moon, doing laundry in the lovely laundry room, mom's group with friends.
Thinking about: How I am kind of a homebody and it really zaps me to be "busy". For as much as I am an extrovert, I find people pretty tiring, if even in a good way. I don't really like running from one thing to another, but that is the season I am in currently. I suppose it'll slow down eventually, and I can cope okay, but man, I am just Done by the end of the day.
Also, it was a super lovely anniversary. I think we will have to have a relaxed afternoon without kids every anniversary!
3 comments:
I love staring at the moon also.
And that anniversary day sounds wonderful!
I like people too but yeah, the running back and forth with kids can be exhausting. Sometimes it's nice to just sit at home and do nothing and be nowhere. ;)
Happy (late) anniversary. I think I wished you it on FB, but will do so here too. I love how much you and Joe enjoy each other's company, that's pretty great.
I recently had an extraordinarily busy week, and am totally with you on disliking the jumping from one thing to the next. Very ready to climb back into my cozy hobbit hole.
Yes, I am so looking forward to my cozy hobbit hole (here or otherwise) in a couple of months.
Post a Comment