Out my window: 67 and rainy. Our air conditioner is having some sort of issue :P so it's kinda warm in our house. It is supposed to be a bit cooler this week, so hopefully that'll help until we can get it fixed.
Around the house: Wow! So much stuff in the last couple of weeks. I completed the Laundry Room Organization Project. So glad. Hopefully it'll be easier to maintain. While Joe's parents were here, him and his Dad and the boys painted the back deck. This weekend, we worked on ripping up the linoleum and tiling the laundry room now that it is all clean and organized. We are going to grout it tomorrow evening.
Clothing myself in: Purple tank top and cropped pants.
Toddler: Better this week. My friend Heather who was babysitting him over the school year was done on Friday and now we have two high school girls taking turns coming to the house over the summer. Since he is going to be here all the time, potty training is in full swing. He managed to stay dry during his 3 1/2 hour nap (!) this afternoon, so I know he has the capability to potty train. It's just the motivation that could be tricky. But I'm tired of buying diapers, so we are going to give it a go.
Kiddos: Glad to be on summer vacation, I think. They were very helpful getting the house ready before Mom and Dad came. They are going to be starting "summer school" next week, which is a morning program with a couple of fun classes. It runs until the end of June. That'll be nice for them and a little be easier for the babysitters, just having to run after George in the morning.
In the kitchen: Uh, Italian chicken. And crock pot chicken. Taco soup. Man, life is so busy, I am having a hard time remembering my menus lately.
Crafting: Nope. Although, if you look in the last post, you can see a picture of the aforementioned green shrug. It was super easy, once I worked on it. I might do it in a different yarn for more stretch if I do it again. If I ever have the time/motivation to knit again someday.
~~~Continued Monday morning~~~
Bringing me joy: The way that George talks so excitedly about Grammie and Grandpa, watching the kids snuggle on the couch with Grammie and Grandpa, creating order in a chaotic room, working together with Joe to improve our space, having less and less stuff to be attached to, reading books with George, the boys spending hours outside playing with a frog, Sunday afternoon thunderstorm.
Thinking about: It's super cliche, but how fast time goes. How can it possibly be June?
3 comments:
Frogs are a favored play item around here as well. I bet the tile looks nice. We have linoleum (white as well) in our mudroom (which is about 5x5 foot and then the washer and dryer. Oh my it is yucky, even when it is clean. We're still debating flooring options, as it would have to be whatever we put in our kitchen as well because they are connected.
Sorry, you didn't want to know all that.
Have a great week!!
i rather enjoy the green shrug from the previous post, i don't think i commented on that earlier. so yay you! we are neck deep in home improvement also, it is tedious and expensive but so fulfilling. yours all sounds lovely!
being an adult is so lame, and i agree, june came awefully quickly this year. :/ keep on keepin' on, my friend!
I love talking flooring options, Monica. I am nerdy like that :)
Yeah, I love/hate home improvement. It's nice now that its done, though!
Post a Comment