Friday, July 11, 2014

Journal: Life!

Out my window: Cloudy and 71.  Supposed to rain tomorrow and then be coool the next few days. I can't complain about the lack of obscene heat, it is just weird. If I go outside in the evenings, I often wear a jacket. Sometimes I still feel cold. Yay, Wisconsin!

Around the house: Just a fair amount of cleaning to keep things maintained and tidy. Oh dog fur, my nemesis.

Clothing myself in: Jeans, fuzzy slippers, navy and white stripey tank top with old sweatshirt on top.

Toddler: Very pleasant lately, for the most part.  He's been sleeping past six most days (THANK YOU GOD) for the past month? Two? I have almost not wanted to mention it because even though I am not superstitious, I am superstitious about his sleeping habits.  Whatever it is, it is magical and I hope it continues forever.  He says adorable funny things and I can tell he is on the cusp of being three- just starting to act more like a preschooler than a toddler. Potty training is going well. His only thing is that he often waits until he is up in the morning, but before he comes to his door to have a BM. He is so not ready to night train, so I guess I'll just have to deal with that until I can convince him otherwise.

Kiddos: Since getting the house on the market, we have been making a concerted effort to have lots of concentrated family time- lake, took them to see a movie, just a lot of family fun after the craziness of getting the house ready.  Issy is going to Schoenstatt girl's camp this week, which she is reeeeeally excited about. She was packed a week in advance. I am nervous because she's my baby but happy she gets to do this with her friends. I think it'll be great for her.

Bringing me joy: My big boys giggling at bedtime, I love that they love each other. My silly puppy on the kitchen floor when I am making dinner. The adorable, joyful couple I served that had been married 64 years. The enthusiasm that the kids greet us at the door with after work. A tidy house. House dreamin' with the hubby.

Thinking about: Whoa. Big week for us. We showed the house on July 4th and again yesterday to the same family. They are very interested and are going to put in an offer. It could likely go very quickly from there.

I am trying not to get my hopes up even though it is very likely headed in that direction. We really thought it would take a while to sell the house, so we are still trying to decide exaaaactly where we are going. Apparently, narrowing it down to somewhere in the Rocky Mountains isn't enough. It's a blessing to get to choose, but holy wow, it is overwhelming. Pros. Cons. What are needs, what are wants? We want this move to also be about a bigger vision for our family- yes, living in a beautiful place, but simplifying. Being good stewards of what we have, what we want to impress upon our children.

Like I said, Whoa. Prayers for patience, peace and guidance.




5 comments:

Erika Marie said...

Wow - if it does sell to them that will be amazing! I too, didn't think it would happen too quickly based on what you had said about the market there.
I think the cool thing about living in the mountains is you don't really need anything elaborate (for a house) because all you have to do is walk outside and look around and that's all you'll need. ;) That said, there's nothing wrong with finding a place where you can all live comfortably enough without being too overwhelmed. It's not "what" or "where" but more about the intention and purpose that matters more.
I hope God guides you and gives your family Peace in this decision-making time.

Monica said...

Wow, that is exciting about your house.

We recently went and looked at some models, and we'd still like to build some day just to have somewhere a little bigger for the (growing) children to spread out. But it made us realize how content we are where we are right now with our simple home.

Prayers for guidance and peace.

Elizabeth said...

Definitely praying for your intentions. Overwhelming and exciting indeed!

ArmyWife said...

WOW! a monumental week for sure! how exciting/stressful that you already have someone so interested in the house! I have no doubt that it will all work out beautifully and exactly as it's supposed to. yay!

Jackie said...

Lots of prayers Marney's!!