Out my window: 51 and cloudy. It's been lovely and unseasonably warm, so chilly temps are a bit of a shock. Feels like fall, though, so I won't complain.
Clothing myself in: New skinny jeans, periwinkle lace tank, plaid button-down, new cardigan sweater. Mom and Dad Marney sent a maurice's gift certificate for my birthday, so the new things were part of my gift. I am pretty excited- I am down two jeans sizes. I haven't weighed this much since forever ago. Now I just need to remember to maintain my health and fitness over the long winter. It's hard. I try to hibernate by stuffing myself with sugary baked things. Hopefully the pretty new jeans will be a reminder to not overindulge.
Around the house: It's fairly tidy. We had an open house on Saturday (that no one attended) so it was spotless. Also, when we thought we were moving into a smaller house at the end of this month, we sold a bunch of furniture, so the house is sparsely furnished. It has been fine, but a little weird. Downsizing has really shown me how much we don't strictly need. And it feels good to have less things to be attached to.
Kiddos: George has been waking up at 5:45ish again. Gah. I thought we were over that. He had a good several month stretch where he woke up after 6, sometimes considerably. I would like to go back to that, please?
Settling into school, getting more comfortable with the curriculum and pacing. I love being home with them again and getting to be part of their day to day.
As I was typing, Liam came into the house screaming about bees and shortly after, Isaac followed with George. Liam and George apparently stepped in a ground bee's nest. Isaac sent Liam into the house, brushed some of the bees off George and brought him. Liam got two stings, George got four. Isaac's cool head saved the day. Everyone seems okay and the swelling is going down. That gave me quite the fright.
In the kitchen: I made some amazing Italian sausage soup and rosemary herb bread yesterday. Pumpkin pancakes later this week, brunswick stew. Good eating around here. Got the new oven (ours died in July and we hemmed and hawed about whether to buy a new one or fix it and ultimately decided to just buy one) and it has been amazing. Joe made me pumpkin chocolate chip brownies for my birthday. Yum.
Crafting: In order to not drive myself crazy with anxiety at the fact that our house hasn't sold, I am putting that into creative energy. I told Joe I missed knitting and he suggested starting something. I bought some Wool of the Andes Bulky in Wallaby to knit him a Mr Darcy sweater. He suggested that while I was waiting for the yarn, I could knit him a camera strap cover, so I have been doing that and it's almost done.
Bringing me joy: Sunshine in my windows, apple pumpkin scented candle, autumn apple coffee, purpley-red leaves, fire on a cool autumn evening with the hubby, an amazingly clean house for my birthday, surprise birthday flowers. How considerate my husband is- he is a really amazing man.
Thinking about: Being grateful and living in the present while trying to keep an eye on the future. Our house is for sale and it is so easy to get caught up in planning for when that happens to forgot about living in this moment. I find transition and uncertainty uncomfortable, but there is grace in this growing time.
Even though our house here is not under contract, Joe spoke with our Idaho realtor and he said that the buyer wants to extend the contract. So for as long as he doesn't get other offers, we still have a chance at that house. I have confidence that this house will sell eventually, it is just a matter of when. But fretting about it doesn't help, so I am just going to trust that things will happen as they need to.
5 comments:
You have a great attitude Erin! Much better than I would have had. And yay! for being down 2 jeans sizes. You're an inspiration :)
Ah, the good attitude is just a way to survive this time ;) When I slide into feeling defeated and reminding myself I was supposed to be moving this week, I feel terrible. The Serenity Prayer is my best friend :)
I love how collected and caring Isaac was in taking care of his little brothers, that is a good big brother!
And yay for the return of knitting Erin, you have a great creative streak in you, and I'm glad it's a distraction from the uncertainties. Happy feast of St. Therese my friend!
I really like Maurice's clothes. I got a new pair of skinny jeans there recently as well, I was glad they had them in a medium wash this year instead of just the dark. Try as I might I can't pull off the button down shirt.
Glad the boys were OK, that would have been so scary!
I thought I commented here but I guess not.
Your ability to force yourself to be outside positive and look for the good always inspires me. That's cool that the Idaho house seller is willing to extend and wait. Maybe you'll get there yet. It sounds like you are already seeing the way God is blessing you and your family through all this.
Carry on, my friend!
Post a Comment