Monday, November 17, 2014

Journal: This, that, the other

Out my window: White and grey. 12 degrees. And it's only mid- November. Going to need to find a good Vitamin D supplement this winter :P

Clothing myself in: Black leggings, blue long sleeved shirt, grey fleece. MukLuk slippers that I've had for a year and are the best thing ever to happen to my feet.

Kiddos: Isabelle is going on a Schoenstatt retreat this weekend at the same place she went to summer camp.  She is going with her two friends and she is very excited.  It's from Friday night until Sunday afternoon.  She is such a lovely girl and a big help to me, I am glad that she is able to get out and do something special.

Isaac and I have been further prioritizing his school and learning.  It's been tough at times.  There is just so much information. Only certain assignments are turned in, so we are working on focusing on those. His instructor and I met about ways to make his workload more manageable.  I would rather him focus on a few assignments and really do them well than rush through a ton of assignments to get them done.

My Liam has such a thirsty mind.  Even when his lessons are done, he reads. He reads everything. He loves maps. He loves his children's dictionary.  We've been digging into his first communion prep and he has such good (and hard!) questions. I love him.

Adelle is really loving sight words. I think they give her a feeling of accomplishment.  Things aren't quite "clicking" yet with letters and sounds but I'm not worried. She isn't even five and a half. I remember Issy was probably around (past?) six when it clicked and then she took off. I just love how proud she is when she reads her sight words- a real boost.

And my George is a never-ending bundle of fun.  He has actually be very good (for him) at Mass the last few weeks. Maybe things are finally settling down for him.  Shhhhh. Pretend I didn't just say that, okay?

In the kitchen: I have declared every Friday (or at least every Friday until it starts to catch up with my waistline) Cookie Friday.  So far, we have had pumpkin butterscotch chip, oatmeal chocolate chip and mint chocolate chip. Joe also went on a bread baking binge this weekend and we ended up with two pumpkin and three banana breads.  We also had cauliflower bacon soup and homemade BBQ chicken and sausage/onion pizza.  It has been good eats in our house the last few days.

Crafting: I was getting tired of knitting the same four round pattern for inch after inch on Joe's sweater, so I took a break and made myself a hat.  Love it.  Now, I have a renewed interest in Joe's sweater.  Only 3 1/2 more inches until I divide for the sleeves. I CAN DO IT! He requested it be done in time for Christmas.  We will see.

Thinking about: Ah, never a dull moment in the house saga.  So, the house showing on the day of my last blog post went well.  They liked the house. They decided not to put in an offer, however, because they found out that the people with the current contract on it are friends of their's and they would be "bumping" them.  Sigh. I couldn't even make this stuff up if I wanted to.

We also found out the same day that the owner of the Idaho house was taking his listing off the market. Because we will not be selling this house by December 15th and therefore unable to buy that one, we cancelled the contract.  So that house is done.  I am trying to look at it positively that there is something else out there, but it is mostly just disappointing.

But we are here, alive and well.  Mostly loving homeschooling :)  Excited for the holiday season.

2 comments:

ArmyWife said...

how frustrating with the house stuff. sending happy vibes your way!

Erika Marie said...

I love the Friday Cookie day idea. I'll be sure to come on a Friday if I ever get to come visit. ;)
Yumm bread making too, your kitchen must always smell good.

I love that Liam loves maps - so does Nicholas. Must be an 8 year-old thing.

Yay for the good times for George - even if they don't last take them while you get them.

Btw, I like your blog design!