We inherited a ton of planters and pots and such from the former owners of the house. There were actually built in planter boxes on the upper deck. So even though I'm not what you would call a green thumb, I've been itching to plant some flowers. At least to fill the planter boxes with something other than last years dead flowers.
But Spring is pretty hard fought here in the mountains. There is a lot of back. And forth. And back and forth. And just when you think it's gonna happen, it goes back again.
I am terrible at waiting though. I kept looking at flowers all through May, tempted by their bright springiness. I restrained myself. Which was a good call because it looked like this on Mother's Day:
![]() |
| April Showers bring May... Snow? |
But finally, finally! There is a weekly forecast where no temps below 40 are predicted. And it is supposed to be pretty nice and sunny. It was crazy gorgeous earlier today. I had asked Joe if he would get me some flowers for our anniversary next week, and boy, did he deliver. So I spent this afternoon making the outside of our house nice and Springish.
Joe had gone on a hike with the three biggers so I got these cuties to help me. And actually, they were relatively helpful! Now I just need to keep the plants alive :)







4 comments:
What a fun project for the kids to do too! I bet they had a blast.
the more pictures I see of your house/property - the more I love it! the deck! the windows! it all loos lovely. good luck with the flowers, I tend to kill all mine too, or let them get overrun with weeds. :)
I love flowers in Colorado. The petuniasalways are so big. I bet your flowers do great as long as it doesn't snow again. You could bring all the pots in๐
They really did :)
Post a Comment