Friday, January 25, 2008

It's just me

Sorry for no updates for a while. My camera has been on the fritz, so i haven't been keeping up like i should.

So all you have for this blog post is me. Sweet, little ol' me, in Idaho, with my three kids.

We are getting back into the swing of things here. My groove was off the first couple of weeks, but this week has been better. Which is good. We are back to baking and playing in the snow. And occasionally, trying out driving again. It is funny. In Wichita (which is about as flat as Teton Valley) i drove in the snow while we were visiting. And without snow tires, might i add. And then i come back here and get all clammy about getting behind the wheel. I have driven on it a couple of times, but for the most part, we have been hanging out at home.

It snows a lot here. A lot. Like, almost every day, at least some. I still maintain that i really love the snow... it is so beautiful. Not like stinky Kansas where it is dead cold and windy but not snowy. The kids play out in it almost every day, and they love it. It is almost up to Isaac's waist, so they have to kinda crawl through it. It is such a strange change after growing up in Kansas all my life.

I crochet! The woman that works Saturdays at the yarn store told me some time back that she would teach me, but i was just too busy or Joe was working, so i hadn't gone. But i learned this last Saturday. I think i qualify as a real yarn artist now.

Hmmmm, what else? Oh, Liam is a big boy now. He does things that kinda surprise me sometimes, because in my eyes, he is still such a baby. Like last night at dinner, he was sitting in his booster and eating his soup with a spoon extremely well. When i ask him questions, he nods his head and says, "Uh-huh". I am not so sure i am ready for the growing up. With it, i am afraid will come more adventure and trouble. He is already tiring enough!

They call to me now, so i shall go. Joe is going to look at my camera soon and i hope to update with pictures!

5 comments:

ArmyWife said...

horay for chrochet! (what a nerd i am) i'm glad you've come over to the one-utensil side. that's what i do. although, when i'm in town next month, i am hoping to conn elizabeth into teaching me to knit. oh the excitement in our lives! :O)

Unknown said...

just you makes me happy :) (no pictures necessary)

I can't imagine snow up to isaac's waist..so different than kansas!

Erin said...

I am excited about crocheting :) I could never have guessed in high school that yarn and needles/hook would make me so happy!

I can't wait to post pictures of the kids playing in the snow, it is hilarious!

Erika Marie said...

it's always good to 'hear' about you, pics or no pics ;)
yes I've been toying with the idea of crochet...I hear it can be a good way to break up knitting times...

Patty Arnold said...

thanks for the update. you mke me want to crochet again!