I have a husband who is my best friend, my highschool sweetheart and who I am still crazy in love with after almost 15 years together. We have babies... five beautiful, stubborn, imaginative, strong-willed little ones who challenge my wits and sanity every day. I am a lover of God, of birth, of life, of the forest and mountains, of wheat fields. I create things with yarn, needles, my heart and my hands. I am me.
Thursday, March 6, 2008
I knit!
Yup, i still knit, although i have been sporadic for a while now. Here are things i can post because i have gifted them and the owners have received them:
My cousin had a baby girl in December and i made her these small Picky Pants. For the shirt, i really wanted to get a little black shirt and stencil a bundle of grapes in purple and green (the yarn colorway is called Grapes on a Vine) but given the limited availability of such things around here, i put that vision aside. Instead, I bought a onesie from Target and cut off the bottom and hemmed it with a little rick-rack border.
Here are the small Picky Pants in a size comparison with the most recent pair of pants i knit Liam. I can't believe he has gotten so big *sniff*
Joe's slippers, which he requested i finish before he went to Vegas, so he could take them. He forgot them at home.
Little Gracie's birthday present. She doesn't keep them on, so i am going to crochet a chain out of that yarn, so they can weave it in and tie them on in back. Sorry, Grace, your sock-pulling-off days are numbered!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
very nice..almost inspirational-if only i had the time :(
awesome! I cannot tell you how exciting it will be to have her little toes warm when we go out!
Hi Erin,
Grace loves her pants and shirt, you are so skilled. Thanks for thinking of us :)
Very nice! Wow Liam pants are huge. I remember the first little longies I made for him. Those slippers turned out really cute too.
wow-I still think making the onesie into the shirt like that is pretty amazing! very cute idea!
Post a Comment