Joe and I went to bed together last night, to do some reading and get to sleep early. As we were sitting there, an ant with wings was crawling across Joe's shoulder. I brushed it off and didn't think much of it. I had been seeing them around lately- a few around the house, but a lot outside.
Couple minutes later, we saw another. Then another. In the span of about 20 minutes, we must have seen 8 or 10, including one that bit Joe. Deeply perplexing. Window wasn't open. There are no visible cracks to the outside of the house. So why our bedroom? Very weird.
Decide to go to sleep, after killing a few more. As I am trying to fall asleep, one crawls up my neck (heebie-jeebies, seriously) and when I turn over, one crawled in my ear. I can't handle things that are crawling into my crevices, so I decide to sleep on the couch. Not bothered by a single one out there.
I came in at 5:30 to nurse Liam and when I wake up again one is crawling across my forehead. Joe got bit again last night. WHAT IS UP WITH THE FLYING, BITING ANTS!?
So after my shower, I stripped the bed, looking for any evidence of a place they were coming from. I am going to wash the blankets today. I turn over the mattress, lift up the box springs and look inside, nothing. I have nothing. There were a few dead ones under the bed, but no trail of live ones coming from someplace. Extremely vexing. I am going to do a good vacuuming and washing the bedding and pray that they go away. Darned ants.
So now that I have gotten that disturbing, yucky story out of the way, I'll tell you about the happy in our lives. I love homeschooling :) We started homeschooling out of necessity, but three weeks into it, I am surprised by how much I enjoy it. It gives a nice rhythm to our day, and I love seeing Issy learn new things, I love watching them play together and build community in a way I hadn't noticed before. They are each other's best playmates and friends and I am able to see the domestic church in action. It does this Mama's heart good.
I realize that there are struggles to be had and things won't always be peaches and roses, but for now I am basking in our "homeschooling honeymoon" :)
2 comments:
eeek abot the ants! hopefully you'll solvw that problem soon!
yay for homeschool honeymoon!
Bask away, it is one of the perks, among many others:)
Post a Comment