Monday, December 7, 2009

Random things that make me happy

I got this fabric the day after Thanksgiving. It is going to become a blanket for Adelle. My love for it is twofold: I love the print. The owls are adorable and I have a thing for purple. AND. It was on super sale. Call me cheap (or frugal if you prefer) but getting a deal on things I like anyways makes it even better for me.
The refinished crib. I got the crib from my friend three years ago and it had seen better days looks-wise. So I asked Joe if he would paint it for me. Soooo much better. The sleeping baby in the crib makes me happy too ;)
My holiday mug that my niece got me for Christmas a couple of years ago. I am drinking tea out of it as we speak.
My new tablecloth.

It is the simple things in life, right?

5 comments:

mary said...

delle actually looks chubby in that pic (granted i'm not wearing my glasses and didn't look closely, but let's just go with it!) joe did a great job on the crib. and the fabric is indeed very cute.

pianomanda said...

SUPER cute fabric!!! What are you going to make?

Elizabeth said...

I LOVE that fabric! Very sweet, and not too baby-ish so the blanket can grow with her - added bonus!

And the crib does look wonderful! The dresser set in Melanie's room is the one Matt grew up with and has also seen better days, so I've been pondering a distressed white finish on it and some new hardware, but I'm nervous. I may need to get some pointers from Joe before jumping in on that project...

Michelle said...

I love that fabric!! Joe did a great job, you wouldn't know it was the same crib.

Erika Marie said...

super cute everything.
So did you make the crib bedding?
I love how you and Alaina love purple :)