Tuesday, December 1, 2009

I miss the snow

Playing in the snow, Christmas 2008

I know I know. I should be grateful for an unseasonably warm November. And I am. But one of the things I really liked about living in Idaho was the amazing snow we would get in December and January. I wasn't particularly fond of driving in it, but we didn't leave the house very often, so it wasn't a big deal. And I was about done with it after February, and it didn't really melt until April. But it was so gorgeous during the Advent and Christmas season and it made me feel all festive and like snuggling in the house with a warm cup of tea and crafting and all that fun wintry stuff.

Is there a place in the US where it snows in December and January a fair amount and then melts? And has a moderate climate in the summer? Sign me up ;)

1 comment:

Erika Marie said...

that does look like fun! There is a country that has built an indoor ski resort. Maybe Wichita could come up with that... :)