Well, I was 33 weeks on Thursday, which means that I am "full-term" in 4 weeks. And 7 weeks until my due date. The situation is a little frustrating because I need to have everything ready in 4 weeks, just in case he needs to come early- we are about halfway through the nesting list. My two big things I still need to do are organize the Learning Room (yikes!) and organize our "mail drawer" which is were pretty much all the mail gets thrown. I don't think I have organized it since November (yes, go ahead and judge me). If anyone has any suggestions on how to keep those papers organized, they are most welcome.
On the other hand, if I get all this organizing and everything done before 37 weeks, what am I going to do with myself between weeks 37 and 40 if he is looking good? I am already more than ready to be done being pregnant, so I will definitely need something to distract me. Yes, there, I said it. I am so uncomfortable in my own skin that I would gladly exchange being woken up by a newborn to trying to sleep with him squirming in my belly and having to get up to pee every hour. Of course, he needs to bake longer and I am not actually prepared for him, but I will say that I now understand why women choose to be be induced early. /whine
Time goes by amazingly fast (except for the long, restless nights) so I am sure that baby time will be here before I know it. I was laying in bed last night, realizing it was almost August and wondering where the heck July went. We are trying to cram in a lot of swimming and visiting because most of our schooling friends will be going back to school in a couple of weeks.
Baby time also presents a conundrum. I am starting to think about the birth and it is causing me some stress. I just wish I could know how he will need to arrive so I could plan accordingly. If induction is on the table because he needs it, fine, but my preparation/expectations/plan would be pretty different than if he looks well and I go into labor on my own. And I have to be prepared to change gears on pretty short notice. I mean, I suppose that is the way with every birth since it is pretty unpredictable but in most cases there is at least a reasonable expectation that what you prepare for is generally how things will go.
So yeah, if you made it this far, please excuse my rambling and whining. This is just part of my process. If pregnancy is a journey, this one has been more challenging for me than the last one and it has forced me to tap into all my reserves of patience. And then some.
3 comments:
Blessings. Good luck with the organizing. I guess my only tip on the mail drawer is this...I take a pretty minimalist approach on what I save paper-wise. I mean, there is an "e-trail" for about everything you do these days, especially if you utilize online bill-pay, so how much of that paper stuff do you really need? I do save utility statements and whatnot from the current year - staple them all together by month and file them, and the occasional EOB or whatnot, but other than that I pitch. A lot. Once in awhile it comes back to bite me, but overall it just means less clutter and that makes me just a little more sane amongst the insanity.
I agree with Monica about keeping less. Maybe you could make 2 piles in the drawer-one for keeps to sort through 'later' and one for 'throw away immediately or shred". Today I took a laundry basket into the learning room and tossed things in that the kids haven't touched recently or even ever and that helped organize it.
I'll keep praying for you to surrender and bear all this patiently.
Patience....there's always plenty of opportunities to practice that, huh? Hang in there...that's the long and the short of it. And I am no help when it comes to organizing. We have MAJOR MESS on our hands here at home but there's progress in the right direction just slow progress. ;-)
Post a Comment