I have been up for about an hour with a very restless baby George. He is funny- I have periods of pretty regular movement (when it is about time to get up in the morning, after lunch, evening time, usually a little when I am trying to fall asleep) but he was just really, really wild last night. Every time I got up to go to the bathroom, he would be kicking up a storm. I managed to fall back into a restless sleep most of the times, but at a quarter till five, he got me. He apparently doesn't like it when I try to curl into a ball around him because he kept kicking my ribs pretty hard whenever I would try. I wonder if he is going to be longer than the others were? All the other babies were in the 19 inch range and I don't recall having this problem. I guess we will see.
As I was laying in bed, trying to fall back asleep, I started to think (uh-oh) about the next couple of months. I'll be 30 weeks in couple of days and I am simultaneously thinking "ten more weeks?! how am I going to be able to grow this already cramped baby in there for ten more weeks?" and "ten more weeks?! i have way more things to do in the next ten weeks than the energy to do them" And that all, of course, hinges on him actually getting to stay in until his due date. In reality, it could be another 7 or 8 weeks before he comes, which makes me a little less panicky about the former. And more panicky about the latter.
My sister passed me down the overwhelming amount of baby boy hand me downs this week. Wow. He could probably wear a different outfit everyday the first six months and not have to repeat. The issue is that currently, I don't actually have a place to put his things. I am going to set up a crib (which I need to get from my sister-in-law) in the boy's room (they are getting a bunk bed from my *other* sister) so he can nap in there, but he will sleep in our room at night. Now, where to put his clothes and diapers? I don't think they will fit in the boy's room. The house has enough space, but they might end up someplace weird, like the learning room. I think I might be overthinking this too much.
I still need to organize/rotate out/go through all the other kid's winter stuff from last year *eye roll* Yes, I realize it is July. I was trying to put it off until after vacation because I knew we would need warm stuff for CO. We have been back for over a week now. And their full suitcases of clean winter things that need to be put away are still in the living room. I think by the time I get it all figured out, it might be time to get them out again :P
And then, of course, there is schooling. We have been working this summer, though not as much as I would like. Rarely as much as I would like. Honestly, that is my number one stress of homeschooling is that I worry about not getting enough done. Or not doing it in an organized enough manner. And, and, and.... The kids seem to be doing well, the older two have been concentrating on their phonics, I have touched a little on 100 Easy Lessons with Liam, we have finally broken out our math games and we are finishing up the Alphabet Path, though at an accelerated pace.
So there you go. No wonder I couldn't get back to sleep this morning, I had all that rattling around in my head :p It is about 6:20 now. The kids will start getting up and I will start to feel like I am ready to go back to sleep and finish up the night. Ha! Might as well make my morning cup of coffee now :)
2 comments:
Ah yes the wrestless baby, wrestless mind problem, I'm familiar with this. Hey if you want some organization help just let me know. And tell George his Aunt Michelle says to take it easy on you.
and I thought *I* was an overanalyzer! ;)
I think it just happens around this time of the year and pregnancy added to it. yes, I will also help you in the organizing/watching children whil you organize if you would like. I know it's hard to do much of anything with little running around getting 'in the way'.
Post a Comment