Friday, August 26, 2011

37 weeks- more time

I think the computer with the pictures and blogger are conspiring against me because I haven't been able to upload pictures. Darn technology...

Full term! Another good appointment- his fluid was great, MCA was fine, biophysical was fine. Don't have another sono until next Thursday. The perinatologist seems to think that, at this point, his chances of being affected by the antibodies are low. We are still keeping with the weekly MCAs to be sure, I am making sure to monitor his movements, which he luckily gives me no problem with. Every week he looks good is another week under our belt, brings us closer to labor.

We went over my birth plan with my regular OB. Joe commented that my birth plan gets shorter with each baby, lol. Maybe I have gotten more concise over the years? Anyways, everything on it seemed workable, so that was good.

I have felt from the beginning of this pregnancy that I should birth at the hospital, before we even knew about the added antigen this time. I can't really explain it- it was just the same way I knew that Adelle should be born at home, I guess. But as much as I am convinced that birthing George in the hospital is the right choice, I am still apprehensive about it. I am concerned about getting there too early (and being pestered) or too late (and having to hash out insignificant things while I am pushing out a baby. or worse, pushing out a baby in the dark parking garage). I know I just need to wait to see how this all unfolds. The not knowing is hard.

My cervix is already preparing for labor. I know it isn't an indicator of when things will happen, but it is nice to know that these pre-labor contractions that make me think "If this is just a Braxton Hicks, how am I going to handle labor?" are indeed doing something.

So that is us. Just waiting now. Shooting for September 1st :) Hoping to figure out the picture thing so I can share the "Rest of the Summer" post I have been thinking about.

No comments: