The first ten months of 2011 are a blur of nausea, fatigue, doctor's appointments and newborn days. So exhausting.
Totally worth it.
George is pretty awesome. He was sooooo intense at first, I was a little concerned that I couldn't keep up that kind of pace and not go crazy. But he is kind of pure joy now, for the most part. When he is awake, he is pretty easygoing. He likes to be held, but he also really likes to sit across from you and talk and coo and make eye contact. He has this really goofy little laugh if you tickle his cheek or rub your fingers on his belly. He likes his siblings over the top crazy attempts to make him laugh. He usually ends up taking a pretty good nap in the swing most days, which has been really nice.
He's still a big boy. Every so often, I pick him up and it seems like he gained weight from the last time I put him down (which is never more a couple of hours). We will have to do a weigh in soon- I would be interested to see where he is at at almost three months. He is now filling out 6-9 month clothes. After having my little peanut Adelle, it is nice not to have to worry about weight gain.
I have no idea if he will continue to be easygoing or how things will progress over the next few months. It has been my experience that you just never can tell with babies. Easy babies can be challenging toddlers. High maintenance babies can be easy toddlers. And they are all kind of tricky when they are three ;) I will just be thankful for this mellow time right now.
In crafting news- instead of trying to find tapers that will inevitably not fit in my Advent wreath, I decided to make another Advent wreath. In fairness, many of the baubles were falling off my wreath since I have had it a number of years and the kids tend to mess with things. I used this idea from Catholic Icing: Making your own pink and purple Advent candles. Per the suggestion, I got all my materials from the Dollar Tree and was able to do it super cheap. Which makes the frugal part of me very happy.
I even got the ribbon at Dollar Tree. Who knew you could get ribbon so cheap? Since I could only find purple little decorations, I used some spray adhesive to glue loose pink colored glitter onto the silver ribbon to incorporate the rose color.George took an excellent nap on Saturday afternoon, so I was able to make his Curious George blanket. I ended up cutting it down to the flannel size, for a very warm blanket. Then I put blanket binding around the edges and I loooooove it. So much. I want to look at it all the time. My corners are not perfect (to say the least) but they are passable.
I knit this hat last spring, my sister Michelle knit the earflaps on for me a month ago and I finished the pom pon the other day. Like.The sweater is coming along. I finished the first sleeve yesterday and it is on the needle with the body. Knitting second sleeve. I might actually get it finished (assuming it ends up fitting well, also)




2 comments:
Like your Advent Wreath and the George blanket- very cute! Well done, crafty.
Aw, that blanket turned out awesome! Way to GO!! Doesn't it feel great to finish a project like that?! Good job on everything else as well, you are really truckin'!
Post a Comment