Thursday, June 21, 2012

Journal Week 1

I have decided to do a glimpse of life, every week, just for fun. I enjoy it when other bloggers do it and would like to be able to read back through the progression someday. So....

Today:
Out my window: It is a perfectly beautiful day. It was pretty hot here the last few days, so 77, slight breeze and partly sunny is just fantastic.  And the mosquitoes have subsided, at least in the middle of the day. So why did I have to force my kids outside? 

Clothing myself in: My new(ish) blue t-shirt and grey capris. 

Around the house: Working on painting the master bedroom. I loooove the colors. The wall behind our bed is Tiffany Blue and the other walls are a light grey (I think it is called Arctic Stone).  We are painting the woodwork white. The difficult wall (with the vanity and the window) is coming up. Maybe some this weekend?

The kiddos:  Are currently playing outside. Because I made them. No child should be inside when it is this beautiful/ non-mosquitoey outside. Even though I forced them outside, they (mostly) seem to be having a good time. I gave them some rope to play with- that helps.

In my kitchen: Pork chops to be grilled are marinating in Italian dressing. Couscous with them. And some sort of steamed vegetable. Other than that, it is slim pickins. I hate the last few days before grocery shopping, they make me grouchy.  I am going to grocery shop when Joe gets off work tomorrow, so I need to make a menu/ grocery list before then.

Crafting: Well, I was going to upcycle a few diaper boxes.  But I cut my fabric too short yesterday and it made me grumpy so I pretty promptly put it away. Upon reassessment today, I realized that if I make the liner (which I was planning on doing anyways) that it will cover my not-long-enough canvas. So maybe I will look at it again tonight.  I also picked up a knitted diaper cover I started several months ago for George.

Bringing me joy: my clothesline.  I posted about it on facebook and my friend Erin said it best, "Using a clothesline gives me a great deal of domestic joy. And, really, don't we all need joy in the domestic things?"

Thinking about: The article But Can You Walk In It? by Simcha Fisher  I like this article so much. In a discussion of this, my friend Erika remarked, "I think another good question to ask besides, 'But can you walk in it?' is 'It may fit her but does it fit me?'." Wisdom.

Pictures to share:  We went for a walk yesterday and then into the woods on our property. Haven't taken any pictures of the woods since it has gotten all green and summery out there. Love.




3 comments:

Michelle said...

Love the journal idea! I also have to convince Ira (not Ruby, she loves it) to go outside and play. He has a fine time once he's out, but getting him out there can be a challenge at times.

Elizabeth said...

Love the little glimpse into life up north. I'm pretty sure my girls would live outside, but Amelia is still a lot of work in the area of supervision, so they don't get to go out as often or for as long as they would like. One of these years I'll get it figured out, but I'm pretty sure I'll be a grandma by then :P

Erika Marie said...

Love this :) Thanks so much for sharing. It was like sitting with you and watching your life for a bit. :)