Friday, June 15, 2012

Ten years together

Life has been busy the last couple of weeks- we celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary last week, Joe's parents came to visit and we celebrated Adelle's 3rd birthday.

For our anniversary, I went through our ten years of photos and we compiled a slideshow. We shared it on facebook, but if you don't facebook you can see our slideshow here:

Anniversary Slideshow

It was a pretty great day, well the whole weekend really. I can't believe how blessed I have been in the last ten years and I am so grateful that I have Joe to do this life with.  He is my best friend.

Summer has gone well so far, though it really doesn't feel like summer yet. I am actually having a hard time believing we are halfway through June, since it isn't insanely hot (well, at least not consistently) yet.  We are keeping up with a slightly more relaxed school schedule, but definitely working on it. Between George's birth and moving we were behind, particularly with Isabelle. And I want the kids to be all up to par when they start school in September.  Issy's focus this summer is composition and editing and math facts mastery. Isaac's is handwriting and math facts mastery.

It is going to be so very odd to have the biggers gone during the day next year.  I guess I am still having a hard time wrapping my mind around that one a bit. I am really excited for them. And nervous. I hope that what I have taught them (both academically and lifewise) up to this point will be a good foundation. 

I still need to decide what I would like to work on with Liam and Adelle next year. Obviously, it will be pretty relaxed with Adelle, but she is plenty interested so I think she would like to get started on letters and numbers. Thinking about taking them down Elizabeth Foss' Alphabet Path.  Lots of storybooks. I need to get over myself and take them to the library. I am just a little weird about leaving the house, but I don't think I will be able to do that this winter and maintain my sanity.

OH! In the last week, Adelle has taken a real interest in potty training. Praise the Lord! I won't call it yet, but I am hopeful we have turned the corner. In addition to that, I am back to cloth diapering George, so that is good for the budget.  Just a few more dollars a month for our Finish the Basement/General Home Improvement fund :)

So that is our life update for now!

3 comments:

Erika Marie said...

It is still strange when Alaina is gone all day. I like her being here but I also like the routine of school. Plus, as much fun as we are all having together this summer, I can tell it is good for all of us to have a change of scenary throughout the day. I'm not saying it will be easy to get used to it, but you will...in time. You'll find a new way to appreciate each other and the time you all have together. And they'll be fine in school--they are Marney kids after right ;)

ArmyWife said...

that slideshow - WOW! what a beautiful life! it's both amazingly awesome and incredibly terrifying how quickly the kids have grown. this is not an aspect of parenthood that i was prepared for at. all. but i am infinitely happy for you two and your beautiful family!

Erin said...

You are telling me, Michelle. Pre-kids, I thought about "having a baby". Perhaps it was shortsighted of me, but I never thought about how that baby would grow into a child. And eventually a *gulp* teenager. And thank you!