Monday, February 4, 2013

Journal: Alive, if not entirely awake

Out my window: 8 degrees and sunny.  It snowed a lot on Wednesday last week (8? inches) and has snowed 1 or 2 inches a couple of other times since then. Yaaay!  It is lovely, I am glad it finally is wintery.  If it is going to be cold at least it should be snowy and pretty.

Clothing myself in: Grey long sleeved t-shirt, Fair Isle sweater over it.  Green cargo pants.

Around the house: Joe worked on mudding this weekend. Sanding soon!

The toddler: Up since a little before 5 this morning. And that was after an 11, 1 and 2:30 wake-up.  Teeeeth.

The kiddos: Delle had the fever, then Liam.  Luckily, no other accompanying symptoms.  Issy and Isaac had good report cards and conferences.  Trying to decide what we will do with Liam next year for school.

Crafting: Started a baby hat.  Need to finish it before she outgrows it or it gets to be Spring :P  Got out the fabric for a baby blanket.

In the kitchen: Slim pickins.  Store this week. Trying to come up with a brilliant menu that is healthy/easy/child friendly/inexpensive.  Yeeeeeah.

Bringing me joy: George giving Joe kisses in Church, Mom's group, somewhat spontaneous date night with Joe, holding Isaac's hand as we talk about his day at school, Issy cuddled up next to me watching football, hanging out with my boys, Issy and Adelle's excitement about going to the Daddy/Daughter dance with Joe.

Thinking about: Lent.  I tend to make grand plans, start off fine and then really just peter out.  I need to find something doable, but you know, a sacrifice.

Picture to share: Play dough. Hours of entertainment.

7 comments:

Monica said...

Where did those curls come from?!!

Oh play dough, sometimes it's great and sometimes it makes me want to leave my kitchen and never come back.

Angie said...

Rag rolls?!?! I'm enjoying the snow, too and totally agree it makes the cold bearable.

Its those early mornings that make me love my coffee even more!

Let me know if you come up with that perfect menu- I'd also include something everyone will eat without a fit.;-) And ditto for Lent! (Lol thinking Ghost? )

Jackie said...

I second (or third, as I see) all the exclamations over Adelle's adorable curls.
You know, one of the things I find myself missing about Ohio is winter, since there was snow on the ground all the time. Then Spring was a wonderful, colorful surprise. So I'm jealous of your snow, but maybe not the 8 degrees.

Jackie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erin said...

Yup, rag rolls, Angie. I actually got the idea from you mentioning it on your blog :) Her hair is so fine that it really curls up tight. She asks me to put in her "tangles".

I mostly love play dough- seriously, hours of imaginative play. It is a loosely supervised activity so that I don't think about the mess. They have gotten to be pretty good cleaners, too.

I am getting excited about Spring, but I don't feel desperate for it yet. I will get there :)

http://sarahunfiltered.wordpress.com said...

It's funny, because I remember as a child LOVING play dough! My mom and I would make it almost-weekly. Now as the older and wiser woman that I am (!), and much of days already are spent cleaning up ... the thought of play dough makes me cringe!

Erika Marie said...

"Thinking about: Lent. I tend to make grand plans, start off fine and then really just peter out. I need to find something doable, but you know, a sacrifice." <-- Yes me too! Let me know if you think of anything.
LOVVEE the wild curls!
I'm with Sarah on the playdough front. But, it's still fun to have everynow and then and I haven't made any for a while so I might try that soon.
Hope you're enjoying the snow!