Clothing myself in: Cloud pajama pants, blue tank top. Grey hoodie to keep aforementioned mosquitoes from biting me while I pottied the puppy.
Around the house: Joe is really trucking on mudding and sanding. We picked out a basement color- neutral but lots of fun accent colors to coordinate. We have talked back and forth about the flooring and I think we finally decided to go ahead and do laminate- Joe (and I) can lay it ourselves, we can get endcap stuff at Home Depot fairly cheap and with kids, it will be easier to clean. I am so excited to get the basement done!While he worked on that on Saturday, I worked on organizing the storage room, which is about 1/3 full of tubs of kid's clothing. I got the other things organized and labeled better, then I started working on sorting the clothes. I already have it semi-organized by kid but some if it just doesn't make sense for me to keep- stained or ripped stuff, stuff that is out of style. I got that about halfway finished. I do actually need to finish because the kid's clothing is currently strewn about the guest room and my sisters are coming to visit in a week (!). And they might like a place to sleep.
The toddler: Looks kinda rough right now. Between tumbles from playing outside and mosquito bites (who like to get him on the face :-/) he looks a bit like a scratched up leper. Continuing to work on being soft, particularly with Adelle and Critter. Talking up a storm. His poo has been relatively normal, formed, non-horrible for the last two weeks (knock on wood). I have done nothing different, which I am not sure whether I should be happy or frustrated.
The kiddos: I am meeting with Issy's teacher today about her working on some Math over the summer- he thought it would be good for her to work on it since she started last year a little behind.
Isaac is doing well, for the most part. He woke up late last week (Friday?) with more of a cough and his throat has bothered him more. His toes and a little bit around his fingernails have started peeling and around the corners of his mouth have gotten worse so I am going to call the doctor again today. I am fully aware that I might be being paranoid, but given the circumstances...
Liam has been having some listening issues lately. It definitely coincided with the end of the kid's school- more going on, more to get distracted. Trying to figure out the best way to approach it.
Delle had a good birthday, I think. She got a bike, which she asked for and likes, at least in theory. She doesn't particularly like to pedal (she has a bit of a damsel in distress personality) and since other people can't ride the bike for her, she has gotten a little discouraged. She will come around.
In the kitchen: Spaghetti, Turkey and rice casserole, Bean/cheese/rice squares. Nothing inspired, but good, solid meals.
Crafting: Some knitting
Bringing me joy: This is gonna take some digging- I am not in a very good mood this morning. Hmmmm- sitting on the couch in the basement drinking a beer with my husband and discussing our basement finishing plans, imagining the increase in space for our family when we finally get it done, family bike ride, the way the air smells with the pines, Issy telling me that she finally knows where she belongs: here, because she is a country kind of girl, Home Depot smell, quiet rest time in the afternoon. Whew. That wasn't so hard.
Thinking about: Oh, still my Isaac. Worry, worry, worry. When he sleeps in, I worry that he has had a heart attack in his sleep. I watch him like a hawk and ask him how his is feeling, since he isn't always entirely up front about it. I am still trying to figure out what would be appropriate in regards to letting the doctors that treated him the first time know about his misdiagnosis. I don't want to sue them or anything, but I would be remiss to not let them know that they were off the mark significantly.
Pictures to share:
He was brushing her hair.
Sweet little four-year-old in her birthday dress.
Ridiculously large turtle we saw on our bike ride.
4 comments:
Poor Isaac. We'll continue to pray for him. It stinks being paranoid mom, but I think you're right to be so cautious Erin. I hope he can mend completely. You should definitely let (Wesley? Via Christi?) know about there mis-diagnosis, that could have been a really bad situation!
All of us (me included) are still getting used to summer. Having everyone around all day long takes some re-adjusting. I finally sat down a wrote a very detailed schedule for each day of the week that has been helping.
Way to go on the basement for you and Joe! Sanding and mudding *shudder*. It will look so nice!
I am probably very jaded and cynical, but I just do not trust doctors. The number of misdiagnosis and just completely absurd things I have witnessed in the medical world is enough to just make me very, very dubious. I know I shouldn't make such gross generalizations, however....
You inspire me. I feel like I am such a wreck so often anymore in my mothering....impatient, snappy, short temper, etc. (etc. etc.) I really admire you. Do you give lessons?
Adelle looks like one of those Precious Moments figurines - so sweet!
I love the hair-brushing pics.
I don't blame you for being paranoid with Isaac.
Fun times with the cloth organizing. I'm very thankful I did all that last year and am glad it's over.
I agree - laminate is better than carpet! I'd like to get rid of all our carpet, well most of it, someday.
I think delle should just be three again. I'm not ready for max to be 5 : (
I hope you have more peace about Isaac and that he's doing well.
Post a Comment