Clothing myself in: White lace tank top under a black tank top. Blue jeans. Apparently I should do the journal posts in the evening more often because that is a lot nicer sounding than my jammies that I usually post.
Around the house: I need to recover the house from our staycation. Joe and the big boys get home tomorrow evening and the house could really use some love before then.
The toddler: He is beautiful/ exasperating. Inquistive/ infuriating. Sweet/ aggressive. He can go from the sweetest of sweetness with his hugging and patting and singing Itsy Bitsy Spider in his adorable toddler voice to grabbing a chunk of your arm and drawing blood in the blink of an eye. I worry about him, to be honest. Is this on the spectrum of normal toddler behavior? I try to respond with gentle calmness, in hopes that he will mirror gentle calmness, but I sometimes fail. Often, even. Then I have the Mother Guilt™ because I know I am screwing him up irrevocably pretty much no matter what I do.
The kiddos: I miss my boys and can't wait to see them tomorrow evening. It has been nice to have more concentrated girl time without having to be concerned about finding an additional activity to do with the boys. Issy, Delle, George and I have gone to the library, the playground twice, the lake twice, got ice cream at a local place, biked into town and back, painted nails, and watched girlie movies. Isabelle is so fun to converse with and well, Delle has the cuteness factor. When I take her and George on neutral ground, like the park and the beach, there is significantly less conflict. Overall, it has been a good few days.
In the kitchen: Chicken tacos, jambalaya, taco soup, fish tacos. Oh, and the meatball subs last week were a hit and will definitely make our regular rotation again.
Crafting: I think I am having the knitter's version of writer's block. I want to... I just can't. It is frustrating.
Bringing me joy: Sunshine and lake breeze, standing in my yard at 8 in the morning in a dress and not getting bit by a single mosquito, talking to Isabelle, snuggling my little Delzy, George asking to "spounce" in the water and having him say as we are driving away from the lake, "Fun in the water".
Thinking about: Restlessness. Whether it is something to be worked through and conquered or if it is an indication of something more. Only time and prayer will tell.
Pictures to share:
Pictures to share:
Daughters laying on my lap. I think we were watching High School Musical.
She wanted me to take a picture (on my phone since that is what I use these days) of her taking a pretend picture with her play phone.
Manis and pedis for the girls.
While I was showering with George, Issy laid out shirts for George and me. Her and Adelle were wearing blue so she laid out blue shirts for us with this note.
Normally, I find lakes yucky, but this one is pretty nice.
3 comments:
your journals are so joyful. I can *almost* hear you and you don't seem so far away.
I love that note from Issy and that she laid clothes out for you! I'm sure your heart swelled.
I admit, it would be nice to have more girl time only with mine. It seems we are always interrupted and then when I do finally have a moment with her I'm tired or don't really know what to do with her!
Oh toddlers! They bring out the best and worst of us! Keep going, you'll get through it...I think? Tell me this in one year please!
I think your restlessness is contagious (and probably chronic, sorry :( ...blame it on Augustine. ;)
And...on yeah, the lake picture reminds me of some of my better memories of life in Michigan - yes there were some! ;)
i'm glad i'm not the only one to lose her cool with a crazy toddler. that's not in any way a helpful thing to say, but it makes me feel better about it. although hopefully we're not all really screwing up our kids (but i know how easy it is to feel all of that on your shoulders all. the. time.) i guess we just do our best and hope it works out.
the "cell phone photographer" picture makes me smile. i do that a lot too to cameron and it makes me think that all he will remember of me is my face framing a smart phone making funny noises at him. terrifying legacy, all in the name of good documentation of the cuteness.
i like your trademarking. i want an issy. i don't look forward to the toddler stage. i made two shirts last summer- one said the augustine quote and the other said "restless (picture of a heart). crafting didn't really help my restlessness, though.
Post a Comment