Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Journal: Mid-summer

Out my window: 78 and overcast. Blah. Without the sun, the mosquitoes are all swarmy this morning :P

Clothing myself in: Grey tank top, black yoga pants

Around the house: We (well, mostly Joe) made a big push and did a lot of work on the basement over the holiday weekend.  Mudding, sanding, painting.  It is now mostly painted.  There were a few parts of the wall that needed touched up that still need painted and some corner transition pieces we still need to get/ paint but it is really coming together.  Pretty exciting.

We also took down megabed.  We are having houseguests at the end of the month, beginning of August, so I need to continue to reign in the guest and storage rooms.  I worked on it some on the fourth of July and was able to finish organizing most of Delle's, George's and Issy's stuff.  So. many. clothes.

The toddler:  Still bad poops- I do think it is connected to teething, at least right now.  More comprehension, even a little more compliance.  He is very sweet when he is in the mood.

The kiddos:  Working on Math with Issy.  The boys are leaving Wednesday and we are trying to decide what we are going to do with our time while they are gone- Spa Night, Movie Night.  Probably try to go swimming, probably to the library.  I am really gonna miss my guys, but maybe life will be a little easier with just three?

In the kitchen: Joe made his turkey burgers and I made Sarah's black bean quinoa salad last night for dinner.  Meatball subs and salad tonight. I have lots of things that can be scaled down for me and the girls (George, too)- pork chops and baked beans, tuna burgers, stroganoff with homemade cream of mushroom.
Crafting: Reading The Knitter's Book of Yarn for inspiration.  Good, nerdy read :)

Bringing me joy: Seeing our basement take shape, long weekends, long naps, Delle snuggles, chatting with George.

I wrote the rest on Monday.  Finished on Tuesday:

Thinking about: The mountains. I long for mountains the way my soul longs for heaven.

Picture to share: Helping paint the basement.  Well, kinda help.



1 comment:

Erika Marie said...

I hope you're having fun with *just* the three! :) I bet the girls are enjoying some girl-mommy time.
Hopefully George is staying pleasant enough also. ;)
I'm sure everyone will be so proud and happy to see that basement done! It's good for the kids to see hard work in action - and to be involved in a little way, too.
Maybe heaven will be full of mountains for you. :)