Out my window: 57 right now, overcast. A cool front came through last night, thank goodness and it only supposed to be 73 today. But, it looks like it'll be very much back and forth for the next week or so between the 70s and high 80s, which is kind of ridiculous. Oh, well, I will take the 70s where I can get them, I suppose.
Clothing myself in: Grey tank top and black sweatpants with a blue stripe. Blue paint speckles on my arms from yesterday still. Because of....
Around the house: Painted Isaac's room yesterday. It is very very vibrant blue. Robin's egg, actually. He seemed to really like it. I need to get some better pictures that are true to color, because the cell phone picture I took doesn't do it justice. We picked out some paint swatches for Liam's room. Joe and I have one that we liked, now we just need to convince Liam, lol.
We have about a gazillion outside projects we need to do now that it (hopefully) will be cooler. Building up the dirt by the front of the house, building a bat house, power washing the house, painting the shutters and deck. And of course, the woods have lots of downed branches and such that need clearing. Home ownership is never dull.
The toddler: Oh, he had a bit of a rough week. I mean, he is always kind of ornery, but he was just trickier than usual- getting into things, being rough with people, clingy, tantrumy. Maybe he isn't feeling well? Or maybe he is just being extra toddlery?
His birthday is in four days! How did two years pass? I started labor on Labor Day weekend and it came and went and came and went until he was born, bright and early at 6:35 the Tuesday after Labor Day. If you would like, you can read his story here.
The kiddos: Adelle and Issy's room adjustments went fairly well last week. Monday night was the first night apart and Adelle wasn't so sure she wanted to sleep without Issy. We let them have quiet reading time in Adelle's room and then Issy helped tuck her in. Issy was very tender with her and Adelle said, "I am going to miss you." in the sweetest voice ever. Adelle came out several times to tell us that she didn't want to sleep without Issy, but she didn't last too long. Issy came up about ten o'clock, looking rather sheepish, to say that it was too quiet without Adelle and she couldn't go to sleep. They had a happy reunion on Friday night for their "sleepover" in Issy's room. I think it'll work out well.
School starts tomorrow! Liam, in particular, seems excited :)
In the kitchen: Bbq pulled pork, chili, taco soup for dinner. Need to make some muffins for before-school breakfasts.
Crafting: Finished the body of the revamped baby sweater and am working the sleeves. So far, so good. Thinking of a baby hat pattern I need to jot down.
Bringing me joy: Three day weekends with Joe, anticipating our upcoming getaway in October to the Twin Cities to see Josh Groban- it has been forever since we've gotten away. How excited the kids are about their new rooms.Fire pit fires. Listening to kids playing in the woods.
Thinking about: God's will for our family.
1 comment:
Oh George, little stinker. You're making me nervous about what my year will be like next with little Luke. Oh well, I know I'll be able to talk to you about it and receive sympathy. ;)
I knew his birthday was coming soon but couldn't remember the exact date. Ahh, how time does fly.
Post a Comment