Out my window: 94 and humid. Apparently, those mild weeks in July and August decided to come to September :P
Clothing myself in: Blue t-shirt, jean capris, tennis shoes.
Around the house: We painted Liam's room this weekend. And the Great Marney Room Swap is complete. They are loving the weekends in the basement bedrooms together and everyone seems to be getting better sleep during the week. Well, I guess I should say the room swap is almost complete. In some undetermined amount of time, when we decide George is ready, he will start rooming with Liam. He is totes not there yet.
Seriously, we have a ton of outside stuff to do. Now, get with it, cooler weather.
The toddler: Oh. My. I am trying to think of a nice way to say that parenting him has been, um... extremely difficult? lately. But his birthday was pretty great- he played at my friend's house in the morning, took a good nap and really liked his presents. We just need to get through this stage with as much grace as possible. Please, God.
Continued on Tuesday
The kiddos: They are doing great getting back into the school routine. Liam thinks school is "awesome!". He actually asked me to take him back at about 4:30 in the afternoon one day last week. His teacher said he is doing just fine. I am so relieved. I hope things continue to be awesome. Or at least good, for him.
Issy and Isaac are old pros at the first day of school now :) They are adjusting to their new classrooms and teachers. Issy is adjusting to the more work/ increased pace of the 5th grade. I can't believe they are getting so big.
I am meeting with three other moms about doing a preschool coop once a week for our little ones. Pretty exciting- Adelle will love that. She is cutting out nap (at least on the days she isn't going to sleep with Issy) so she has been having "quiet reading time" in the afternoon while George is down. And then we usually do a little activity. She is just such a delight.
In the kitchen: Trying out Chicken and Gnocchi soup per a friend's recommendation. Looks yum. Tuna burgers and a bunch of other ol' standbys. We are kind of stuck in a rut. Any family-friendly, easy, healthy, economical ideas?
Crafting: I've worked a little on the baby sweater and I am trying to figure out gauge for the baby hat that I am trying. Slow and steady.
Bringing me joy: The way that Liam says school is "awesome!" with such enthusiasm, the joy it brings for Adelle to color with markers in her purple, sparkly notebook, the way her eyes get big and she gasps with joy when I tell her it is Friday and she can sleep with Issy. Isaac letting lose and acting goofy. The complete quiet of naptime when George is asleep. The adorable way that George scoots his trike around the living room. The way he says, "Super George! To the rescue!" Seeing Issy blossom from child into young lady a little bit every day.
Thinking about: God's will for our family. If I have the courage to bring my will into accord with His, even if it seems difficult.
No comments:
Post a Comment