Out my window: Dark and 43. I hate the end of Daylight Savings Time, it was dark by 5 this evening. Bleh. I mean, I know that I will adjust, but I get a little bit curmudgeony about it.
The poop smell has subsided significantly since last Wednesday. I smelled it a teensy bit this afternoon, but man, I just hope it doesn't return with the same fervor as before.
Clothing myself in: Brown yoga pants and K-State sweatshirt. Foxy, I tell you.
Around the house: Joe had Friday off for All Saint's Day (hooray for Catholic employers!) so we had a three day weekend. We relaxed a fair amount and we also made a concerted effort on painting our cabinets. They are coming along nicely. I would like to have the kitchen all painted and put back together by mid- December.
The toddler: It was one of those weeks in childhood development where you can just tell that he grew up. It is hard to explain. He is (slightly) more compliant, significantly more articulate and generally just more chilled out. I mean, he is still George, but there were several times this week when he just played nicely, with toys, by himself. It was wonderful. And his speech. He talks so well and he is such a big dude, sometimes I forget he is just a tad over two years old.
The kiddos: Adelle is in the whiney phase again. We have thrown a lot of changes at her the last few months- stopped sucking her thumb in July, separated rooms with Issy in August, Liam went to school in September, leaving her with George all day. And oh man, I am feeling it. I really try to be patient with the wailing, and the return of thumb sucking and the coming to our bed in the middle of the night. Sometimes I do better than others. The meltdowns are the hardest. Poor little gal has had her little world rocked. And will some more soon...
In the kitchen: Crock pot chicken, I think I will make some pork and sweet potato stew. I should really get started on the 20 dozen cookies I need to make for the school fundraiser in a month and just freeze them...
Crafting: Nuh uh.
Bringing me joy: Anticipation for our upcoming visit to Kansas, fresh piney air, a smooth job interview, a job offer, seeing the kid's Halloween joy, hanging out with Joe for three days.
Thinking about: I interviewed for the job on Wednesday and got a job offer on Thursday afternoon. I am going to spend a little time there this week, just to see what it is like and I am hoping to discuss start date and all of that then. Blessedly, we will still be able to take our trip to Kansas for Thanksgiving, which is great. I am glad that we will get to do that before I really settle into the job.
I am nervous/ excited about the job- it is a sales admin job with Catholic Word's division of Ignatius Press. Basically, Ignatius Press has three positions in the Catholic Word office in Necedah (with headquarters in San Francisco and a distribution center in Ft. Collins, CO) and I will be filling one of them. I will be working in the same place as Joe, though in a different part of the company.
It is a lot of different for us. A whole lot. I haven't really worked outside of the home since before Issy was born, so all of them have always known me being a home. I have the Mother Guilt ™ about leaving the kids, even though a good friend of mine is doing daycare. Just you know, not seeing all their day to day things. But I am also excited about flexing my brain in a different way and interacting with adults on a regular basis. So you know, conflicted. I am just praying for a smooth transition for my littles.
2 comments:
Everything is going to work out. Your kids are very adaptable. I'm excited for you and this new opportunity! I only wish we lived close enough so I could help. Glad you found a good fit for childcare.
Can't sleep so I caught up on your blog. Hope your first week of work goes well! You'll do great, champ : )
Post a Comment