Monday, August 25, 2014

Journal: Changing Gears

Out my window: Dark and 74.  Humid. Stupid humidity- I just checked and the humidity level is literally 97%.  It has been like this for a few days. Bleh- I am so over it!

Clothing myself in: Actually same navy blue shirt from last post. I've changed since last week, I promise.  Black exercise pants. Fancy.

Around the house: Boxes. I mean, most of the stuff isn't in boxes, but about 20 boxes were packed this weekend and I have some clothes folded in baskets ready to be put in boxes when I get some of appropriate size.  So that is exciting. And overwhelming.

Kiddos: George is doing excellent at potty training.  It's pretty exciting. He still wears a diaper at night because he's a super nighttime wetter, but other than that, it's all good.  We will see how he is with the move and everything, however.

They have been pretty great and helpful, at least this far, in our packing endeavors.  Everyone is gearing up for the start of (virtual) school next week.  That should be interesting!

Bringing me joy: Acceptance of God's will, even if it isn't what I would plan. All five kids playing nicely outside together. Getting to take the time to prepare meals again- or oversee the kids preparing the meals, they love to help.  The knowledge that the mountains aren't too far off.

Thinking about: Well, we decided to put in an offer on a house in Colorado on Friday. Unfortunately, there was a glitch in the paperwork, so the contract had to be rewritten and we were going to submit it today.  And in that time period, another offer was made on the house. So that was that.  Admittedly, it is hard to switch gears.  It was a great house, great location in the mountains and closer to Kansas.  But we have prayed from the beginning that God would lead us to where we needed to go.  And it seems that his answer was pretty firmly No in that regard.  So we trust that there is something better for us.

So we are pursuing a house in Wyoming, which was a very solid second choice.  We will see how it pans out.  Trust!

Also thinking about homeschooling.  I had, of course, lined up what we would do for homeschooling if we were in Colorado.  Or if we were in Idaho.  But I hadn't explored my homeschooling options for Wyoming as much.  So now I am feeling a little overwhelmed and having to scramble to work that out.  Again, trust!

Pictures to share: 
 Liam made this for his aquatic themed birthday party with his friends and cousins.  He's such a fun kid.
Liam and his godparents

1 comment:

ArmyWife said...

sorry to hear about the Colorado hiccup. but I am happy that you seem to be at peace with rolling where the wind takes you. my goodness those kids have grown! liam is quite the handsome little guy! and I infinitely heart the picture of those adorable woodburns.