Clothing myself in: Navy blue and white striped tank top with a little lace. It was cheap. And pretty. Jean shorts.
Around the house: Cleaned like a madwoman on Thursday night to get ready for a showing yesterday morning. There are already tufts of fur floating around the floor :P
Kiddos: Cute and funny. I am glad to get to hang out with them and hug them again now that I am well. One more week of work left until I am at home with them again. We hung out outside together this morning and took a walk. It was a nice glimpse of what life will be like again soon.
Bringing me joy: George sweetly singing Sanctuary with me at bedtime. Walking down the street with the five kids, all of us holding hands. The excitement of reuniting with Joe after spending a few days apart. Planning our camping/house hunting trip. Adelle asking me to snuggle.
Thinking about: Another whirlwind week. Thursday, while at his tradeshow, Joe called to tell me that there was a showing scheduled for Friday morning at 9. Which meant that I had to get the house ready by myself and I did. Yesterday morning, I loaded up the kids and took them to the babysitter's house. The dogs had to be out of the house as well, so we sat in the parking lot of the park and they got the car very, very, very furry. I dropped them off after the showing was over and went to work.
Joe talked to the realtor a little while later. They loved the house and made an offer yesterday afternoon.
****Continued on Sunday****
The second offer has no contingency. If the people who made the first offer are able to remove the contingency, the house will go to them, otherwise it will go to the people who made the second offer. So basically, we are moving at the end of September, either way.
This is my last week at Catholic Word. On Saturday, we are going to leave the kids with family and go on ahead to Idaho/ Wyoming to check out some properties we have found online. Joe and I thought it would be easier and faster to do it by ourselves. It'll hopefully also be a nice little getaway before we get back here and have to pack and move.
Ah, packing and moving. I don't really like moving, but it is exciting to move back to a place we love. Ah, I can't believe it is actually happening. I really thought it would take months, if not years to sell our house. And at this rate, we are going to be back in the mountains by the time the leaves are changing. Craziness!
One of my favorite pictures of the four older kids that we took in Yellowstone a couple weeks before we moved. I can't wait to go back there!

4 comments:
Yay! It must feel so great having SOME answers about WHEN finally. :)
I'm excited for you guys to return to your "dream home". Life is good and your joys bring me joy.
So excited to see you guys soon!
Enjoy your last week of work and have a wonderful camping trip/second honeymoon. ;)
I am so happy for you.
Very excited, I hope the trip out is fruitful.
Erin! I was finally able to remember my google password so I could catch up on your blog, and catch up I did! I've seen the updates on facebook, but I've really enjoyed reading your thoughts. I am so excited for you guys! I know the mountains have your heart, and I am so happy you guys get to go back there. And WOW on the house selling fast. When we sold ours we weren't even sure if it would sell, but we said if it did then we knew that was God's way of telling us we were really supposed to move on. I suppose it is the same with you guys :) You all have been in our prayers, and we will continue to pray for you through the move. I hope you find your place to settle. Looking forward to more updates (you know, with all that time you have... ;)
Post a Comment