Clothing myself in: Jeans and my new Mickey Mouse hoodie. It's pink and retro and fun :)
Life with kids: Sooooo, starting in August? i think, Dad Marney hatched a plan bring all the kids, their spouses, and the grandkids to Disney World to surprise Mama Marney. So we met up with them the first night and it worked! I think she really couldn't believe all the grandkids were running up to hug her :)
We got to take the kids to the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom. I would like to say that George turned some sort of personality corner on this trip and behaved really excellently. But not really. He was very much himself- boisterous, exuberant, mischievous, opinionated, and intense. He really loved the roller coasters. From what I could tell, I think his favorite was Splash Mountain. He was very brave about trying new things and seemed enjoy most of it. He got to meet Lightening McQueen and Mater. I liked to look over at him when we were riding the big ones to see the glee on his face.
Adelle got to meet Elsa and Anna, do a Frozen sing along with them, and see them in the parade. She even had "Frozen" themed face paint during the parade and Elsa caught her eye, indicated to her face paint and gave her a thumbs up. She was over the moon. She was not without her meltdowns (getting a single stroller instead of a double was a grievous offense) but she bounced back just fine.
Liam got picked to be part the Monster's Inc Laugh Floor show. He was hilarious! They couldn't have picked a better kid. He loved Everest Expedition at Animal Kingdom and actually, he was really just quite taken with the Animal Kingdom as we suspected he would be. He was very excited that he earned 15 of 31 badges for the Wilderness Explorers.
My Isabelle and Isaac didn't meet a roller coaster they didn't love. They take after their Grandma Sullivan that way. I also got to take them to the pool at the resort a couple times which was a big hit.
Thinking about: After that very magical week, we resume life- packing! Finishing up the last few lessons. We are almost there!
Pictures to share: They are just camera pics, but at least they are something.
My girls on the Merry- Go- Round at the Magic Kingdom
Issy, Isaac and Liam at the Swiss Family Robinson replica set.
Adelle admiring her Elsa doll.
Marneys and Littons at Epcot
Epcot was a late night after a pretty tiring day. For the first time in memory, George gave up and went to sleep. It's one for the record books, folks.
The Little Mermaid show we saw at Hollywood Studios. It was one of my favorites.
Face paint!
Very intent drawing while waiting for lunch.
This was a highlight. But then he wanted to climb into Mater and I had to explain it didn't work like that.
Adelle at the Frozen sing-along. Euphoria would be accurate.
Matching shirts!
We got to go on a Safari in Animal Kingdom. This guy started running in circles, it was pretty impressive. And it made me hope I am never chased by a rhino.
Alligator. Or crocodile? Why can I never remember the difference? Crocodile, I think.
Just a little fella.
He was big and handsome.
There are more, but I'll never finish this post if I don't just do it, so hopefully I'll upload more later.


















5 comments:
That was so fantastic. I really hope to take our kids to Disney World sometime. Also, what is with the numbers on the back of the kids matching shirts. I can't figure it out. Maybe it doesn't mean anything.
I have sick kids who have watched a ton of TV this week. I swore I would remember the difference this time when I watched Wild Kratts. Alligators have rounded nose and crocs are more pointy. There are also differences in their color and teeth, but don't ask me to remember those.
What a great trip, that is so cool!!
Age order. Mom and Dad Marney were 1 and 2 and Leo was 24.
How fun! I'm sure this came at a strange time in your lives but what a great little intermission. I'm sure you're kids will treasure this memory always, especially euphoric Adelle.
I love the pic of George with Lightning, it's his personality in a fictional world.
Love all the pictures, thanks for sharing your trip with us. I really enjoyed that picture of George asleep for some reason, wishful thinking perhaps...
I'll be praying for your move!
Post a Comment