Monday, January 26, 2015

Journal: Moving forward

Out my window: 22 and spitting snow. It has been remarkably non-snowy this year. Not complaining, just weird.  Hoping the weather holds out for moving in a few weeks.

Clothing myself in: Brown shirt, jeans, black cardigan.

Life with kids: I was reading back to a year, year and a half ago on my blog the other day.  I spent a lot of time and energy lamenting George's early wake-ups.  Trying to rack my brain to make rhyme or reason of it. Alas, even though it still bothers me that he does it, I have kind of just accepted it for what it is.  He grows well, eats well, plays well, is very intelligent. Some days it seems like parenting is just one big lesson in letting it go.

All the other kids are great. Learning so much. We had hit a rough patch with homeschooling in November/ December but we are back on track. It certainly isn't easy. But I love getting to be with the kids every day. And I love the quiet times (like right now, actually).  George is napping, Liam is reading, Isabelle is writing a story for fun, and Isaac is helping Adelle with her videos for her lessons. Peace reigns, for this moment, in the Marney house.

Crafting: Nope, just packing.  Organized and put away all my yarn yesterday. Sniff. See you on the other side, yarn.

Bringing me joy: Quiet. Boxes stacking up in my garage. The unburdening of getting rid of stuff we don't need. Wasabi flavored almonds. Productivity.

Thinking about: We were crazy productive this weekend.  Have almost everything out of the basement except the girl's beds and clothes. Isaac and Liam's room is done except the closet, same for George's.  Linen closet. Got extraneous furniture out.  It is looking like we will actually be leaving.

All the pieces of the puzzle are coming together. Our buyer's loan went through, as has ours- we are just dotting our i's and crossing our t's. Colorado house has been inspected and nothing major there.  The inspection here was fine.  Just need to get the appraisal on the Colorado house and that is the last thing besides actual moving.  Whew.  Getting there.


2 comments:

Jackie said...

I feel like such a productivity loser after reading these posts ;) (And I mean that in the nicest possible way). I'm so glad the homeschooling has evened out for you.
I loved what you had to say about parenting being one long learning!

Erika Marie said...

Glad to hear you're feeling good about where things are now and looking onto moving to the future - whatever it may hold!

Ah yes, "one big lesson in letting go". Amen to that like Jackie said.