Saturday, January 3, 2015

Journal: Good house news

Out my window: Well, it's 6 in the morning and still dark, but when I walked by the window, I saw a skiff of snow on the ground.   It's been a couple weeks since we had any, so it's a welcome change. I missed having lots of fluffy, white snow on the ground for Christmas!

Clothing myself in: exercise tights, long sleeved T, fleece sweatshirt, Joe's robe, my lavender cabled hat.

Life with the kids: My sister Brenda, her husband, my nephew and his girlfriend were in town this week, so the kids got to hang out with relatives a bit, which is always nice. George has been exasperatingly Georgeish this week. We are back to lessons this upcoming week, so I would reaaaally appreciate it if he would be a little more chill. A Mama can dream, can't she?

Adelle has been talking for a couple of months about how she wanted to get her ears pierced. She was very insistent about it and was willing to take steps to show me that she could handle it. She got a Claire's gift certificate for Christmas and we took her on New Year's to get them done.  She was amazing.  Didn't even flinch. She bounced out of there saying in her sweet little girl voice, "I am so happy!" 5 is such a magical age.

Crafting: Nope.  Really need to work on the scarf so I get send it with Joe to IL this week. And really need to do the sleeves on his sweater so that he can actually wear it.

Bringing me joy: The kid's excitement at our visitors. Getting to spend time with Brenda and Tim- I love how close I am with my sisters. I hope my kids are close as adults. Oh! And my little brother-in-law got engaged on New Year's Eve. I am getting a new sister-in-law- so exciting!!  Seeing Adelle be such a big girl. I love joking around with Issy. Forward movement in the house direction!

Thinking about: Our visitors were out skiing on Tuesday, so I exercised a bit, and then hopped into the shower. The phone was ringing when I was finishing up, but I didn't recognize the number and figured I could call back if  it was important. Joe called me a few minutes later to let me know that our realtor was trying to get a hold of me, so I called her back. She apologized for the short notice, but asked if she could show the house in 30 or 45 minutes. I rushed out to the kids, asked them for complete help and compliance and we got to work! Luckily, I had cleaned over the weekend, so it wasn't completely tragic, but it wasn't quite as nice as I usually make it for a showing.

I got a call that afternoon from our agent with their offer. They have no house to sell, they are well-qualified. So that was that.  Close date of February 20th.  Just praying that appraisal/ inspection/ them getting their loan goes smoothly.  I am not counting my chickens since our house-selling experience has been less than clear-cut thus far.  I know that I should be more motivated since closing is 7 weeks from yesterday but I just keep thinking that this is going to get derailed just like the other times, even though there is no evidence that will happen.

We are still trying to decide what comes next. Our first choice house from our visit, in CO, is still available.  So we will see.

2 comments:

mary said...

COLORADO HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great location. Closer to family. Great house. It really is so beautiful up there! Or Kansas. :)

Erika Marie said...

So excited for you guys...holding my breath a little too but it sounds like it has high chances of success.
We'll start planning a Colorado vacation now. ;)
How fun for Adelle and her earrings!
Congrats to John!