Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Journal: Colorado

Outside my window: It's -17. Yes, that is correct. -17.  The sky looks clear though and the sun is started to break through the trees.  Ah, Wisconsin.

Clothing myself in: Joe's robe, lavender cabled hat, exercise leggings and a long sleeved T. I do actually wear other things than this, I promise.

Life with kids: Trying to set up a few playdates and visits with their friends before we leave next month.  I also made lessons plans with the virtual school so that we will be finishing up our semester shortly before we leave, so that is going to work out pretty perfectly as far as tying up loose ends.  Now that it is actually on us, there is excitement mixed with a little bit of sadness from leaving.  I am so excited to take them on this adventure.

Crafting: Finished the scarf, but did not take a picture.  It was lovely :)

Bringing me joy: House papers that are finally signed! Decluttering our laundry room(again)- ouch, it's painful to let go but good, impromptu dinner dates with my hubby, talking about house plans.

Thinking about:  Right after my last post, we had decided to make an offer on the Colorado house and as we were drawing up the papers, they dropped the price. Like, a considerable amount.  Our agents were able to collaborate on an offer that the sellers would  sign.  And it took days and days and days because of internet access, one of the sellers working nights, and having the sellers separate locations. But they did finally sign it.

Now onto appraisal, inspection, and coordinating moving efforts. There are so many moving parts to this process, it will be a wonder if we are able to pull this off without kinks.

I am in a little bit of disbelief/ tad bit of denial that this is actually happening. Two weeks ago, moving was not on my radar. And now we are leaving in less than six weeks. I suppose as the time gets closer and everything starts to come together, it'll get more real. Colorado. Mountains. Whoa.

1 comment:

Lindsey Lewandowski said...

It has actually warmed up a bit here. It's about 10 degrees. Last week it was -25 with the wind chill. Brrr!