Monday, December 3, 2007

O Christmas Tree

On Saturday we trekked out in the snow to get a Christmas tree. And let me tell you, it was an interesting experience. Not like going out to the Christmas tree farm on north Tyler Rd. A few points to consider:

Doing anything with three children under the age of five is tiring.

Trees look a lot smaller outside. I know this. But yet, every year, this point is driven home when we get our tree in our house. I blame my lack of spatial skills.

In relation to the aforementioned point: Somewhat large trees look smaller in a forest full of trees that are 70 feet tall.

I am a much bigger wimp than my children. Or perhaps, they are impervious to the cold.

I really need to do my tree scouting during the summer. The part of the forest we went into is really really lovely, but the trees are all very vertical. Meaning, they get 30 feet tall before they fill out any. That is okay with me... the tree we got isn't your conventional Scotch pine, but it is really lovely. It showcases all the lovely ornaments :)



These were pictures of us watching Daddy. We were hiking down a road, and all the trees were on the hillsides next to us. Joe got to climb up the hills, scout things out, cut down the tree and bring it down.
Issy and Isaac making their very best attempt at climbing up to Daddy. They didn't make it very far.
My hero.





All decorated! Note the little cutie trying to get the tree skirt.
Playing "Ring around the Rosary" (says Issy)




6 comments:

supermom said...

Wow! I haven't been able to get on your blog since Mike fixed my computer in late August. Liam looks so different!!! I miss you so, so much! When will you be here?

Erika Marie said...

wow, that is awesome=totally a Marney Family Christmas Tree :)
I didn't realize your ceiling was so high! Can't wait to see all of you!

BirthRight Midwife (in training) said...

What a beautiful tree. Very Charlie Brown, but taller.
Did Joe do all the decorating of the mantle like in years past? What a hubbie.

www.birthrightmidwife.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Big! I like :)

Erin said...

It really is a Marney Family Christmas Tree (often much like the Griswold family Christmas tree). Every year we intend on smaller, but every year the big tree chooses us. We felt like we kept in the spirit of a smaller tree since it isn't wide ;)

Joe certainly did decorate the mantle. He seems to have a flair for decorating. We just go with it! Can't wait to look at your blog!

Michelle said...

Love the tree and letting lssy wear your cashmere hat, lucky little girl!