Tuesday, May 27, 2008

This and that

Belated, i know! For Mother's Day, my littles got me some hiking shoes (on sale, for 40% off, which makes it better!) and a hoodie and took me out to dinner the night before. The real present was that during dinner, that were relatively well behaved and i didn't have to take anyone to the bathroom during the meal. Now that is a good evening!

Joe got me The Business of Being Born because, well, he knows me. Check out the trailer, good movie!

Well, as of last night, everyone in the house has had the stomach flu except for me. Riiiight. And Joe leaves tomorrow until Sunday. I am really really hoping that i don't get it with the three children in my care. We shall see, i suppose.

Ooooo, our most recent adventure. Earlier this week, i was walking to our back deck and heard a hissing sound. I didn't think much of it. Sunday night, Joe was outside and he noticed what sounded like dripping. He went to investigate the crawl space under the house and, sure enough, the pump that controls our well had sprung a leak. So we didn't have running water from Sunday night until today at about noon. And Issy and Isaac had the stomach flu all night. I'll let you use your imagination at how unpleasant that was. Thankfully, it is all fixed now, we all had long showers this afternoon, and the laundry doing has commenced.

It has been pretty cloudy/rainy/cool the last week, so not a lot of naturey things. It usually starts out nice in the morning and rains in the afternoon, so i have been taking a morning walk around our neighborhood and it has been awesome. Just me and my thoughts in the beautiful mountain air for half an hour. Nothing could be sweeter at this point.

So there is our update!

2 comments:

Erika Marie said...

oh wow! Sounds like God is making a saint out of you ;)
I hope you stay well!

Unknown said...

Joe made it here alive and well! :)
I really hope you don't get sick..I'll pray for you.
And, you now have me addicted to Laurie Berkner..I'm having to resist the tempatation to purchase her cd off itunes!