So my wonderful husband somehow broke my camera (which he has apologized profusely for and promised to rectify the situation) and so for right now, it is just going to be me. And any old pictures I can dredge up.
Things are going really well here! Compared to this time last year, when I was homesick, Joe was working a ton for Crazy Boss, Liam was ill every couple of weeks and very high- maintenance, and things were generally kinda miserable, life is about 100% better. I love the autumn! The crisp fall air is here, the leaves are turning all shades of yellowy orangey redish gold. In a couple of weeks, I think we will have enough leaves to rake and jump in the piles (which is pretty exciting since we didn't ever have enough leaves to do this in our Kansas house).
I am working at the yarn shop on Saturdays which is super relaxing, a chance to sit and knit, to talk to people about yarn and all the beautiful things they could make with it, and a chance to put aside some money for Christmas. Which is good since Issy has decided she really really really would like an American Girl doll (one of the little neighbor girl's has one) from Santa. She brings it up at least once a day, often more.
So my 27th birthday is coming up. Whoa, 27. I am not quite sure why 27 seems like a big deal, compared to say 25 or 26. Perhaps it is because it is all that much closer to 30. Hmmm, I don't feel quite like I should be pushing 30. In my mind, I am still this 21 year old newlywed. But I have lived a lot of life in the last few years. Since 2000, I graduated,went off to college for a year, decided that wasn't my thing and to come back, my mother passed away, got married, had a baby, had another baby, had yet another baby, moved 1,100 miles.... hardly time to breathe! It has been good, very good, though. And I don't mind getting older, sometimes I just forget it is happening. Time goes by so quickly now!
Alright, it is almost time for "school". Until next time!
4 comments:
Bummer about the camera. How did your photographer husband manage to break it, I'm curious??
And the "30" thing. Yeah, I'm about a year and a half away from that. Weirdness. I don't really mind either, it's just funny how your perspective changes. One of my piano students was talking yesterday about how she helped at a retreat with all these "middle-aged women". I asked her who exactly it was, and she started naming people I know who are YOUNGER THAN I!!! I told her to watch who she was calling middle-aged. hehe, oh well, such is life ;-) That was probably my picture of "middle-aged" too when I was in high school. Now I like to think of middle-aged women as in their forties. Talk to me in ten years, and I'll be saying "fifties", hehe.
And thanks for the "word to the wise" about toys...I have already had that dreaded thought. We'll try to keep 'em in check! I better sign off, this comment may be longer than you post.
That's too bad about the camera but I don't mind just reading your blog. I agree the autumn air and leaves changing is refreshing. Jude and Annika want to be outside all the time now.
About turning 27, well enjoy it. My secret is just to forget how old you are, it works for me :)
That's exciting news about working at the yarn shop - must be nice to have some guaranteed adult interaction each week! And I completely understand what you're talking about with getting older and all - it seems so surreal when I talk with my younger cousins. I'm not that old yet, am I?
I too must comment on the age issue. To me, you're still little Erin from high school and in reality you're Erin with 3 kids and an amazing and independent life! I, however often forget how old I am and feel obligated to point out to my husband that I am in some way or another superior because I have 2 and a half years on this earth more than he... time is strange.
Post a Comment