Saturday, March 21, 2009

First day of spring and completed sewing project

The weather has been gorgeous here the last couple of days- in the high 40s and 50s and sunny. In order to celebrate this happy occasion, the kiddos and I took a walk/ bike ride yesterday afternoon. They were pretty excited since their bikes have been put away for the last few months. Gorgeous! Spring is finally here :) And yes, I realize that there is a good deal of snow on the ground still. It is melting fast, though, and I am hoping it'll be mostly gone by the time we get back from our trip.


I went to the "big city" a few days ago to visit a friend (thanks for having us, it was fun!) We had to stop at Walmart to get some reusable containers for packing, so I made my way to the fabric department to see what I could find. And I got this adorable Monkey flannel! I love it, it makes me nerdily happy. A friend is due with her second babe in a couple of weeks and I have been meaning to sew something up for her. So this evening I sat down at my trusty Bernina and sewed up a little blanket and two burp cloths for the new little one. My sewing definitely isn't perfect, but I like the way everything turned out. When I get my prefolds, I might try my hand at embellishing some!
Close up of the Moon/Star/Cloud Monkey Flannel

3 comments:

Monica said...

SWEET! I was at Hancock the other day and they have the cutest stuff, oh my. Check out the farm animal stuff I got over on my page (pic of pillow). It was just toooo cute I thought.

Michelle said...

I'm glad spring is arriving in your neck of the woods.

Very nice monkey set!

Erin said...

Awww, I love your farm animal print, Monica, it is so cute!