Thursday, May 28, 2009

My house is so clean, I scare myself

Anyone who knows me well, knows that my house is not always particularly tidy. It typically isn't awful, I just have a hard time keeping up with the clutter (um, and fur) that seems to accumulate when you have three kids, two adults, and two dogs sharing a house. The nesting has been fierce this time though, so my house is ridiculously clean. Vacuuming on a regular basis, making sure that the kid's rooms are tidy and beds are made. Sweeping. Mopping. Laundry washed, dried, folded and PUT AWAY (the put away part is often my downfall) I realize that my housekeeping standards will relax once again after the baby is born, so I am trying to enjoy it now :)

A side note: A sign that you don't vacuum enough- when you tell your four year old to clean the toys off the floor of his room so you can vacuum, he replies, "Oh, who is coming over?" Ha!

Pictorial proof that my house is very, very clean right now. Our family room.
The basement, complete with clean toy area.
And a gratuitous shot of my fantastic bathtub, because I talk about it a lot. It makes pregnancy a whole lot easier.

Up next in the ridiculously productive nesting blog series: More cloth diapers for the baby. 14 out of 18 are complete!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Very Nice!

Elizabeth said...

I'm impressed! You can come nest at my house any time!

Cleaning has yet to be one of my nesting instincts, except for the morning we were going to the hospital for Claire's arrival, and I think that had more to do with the possibility that my MIL would see my messy kitchen while taking care of Melanie and therefore see what kind of wife her son had :) I was seriously unloading the dishwasher between contractions and picking up the floor. All that squating probably aided in my speedy delivery, so clean away!

Unknown said...

Well, well, well. Now that you've shown the tub, I think Erik will be more keen to visit!!!! ;)

Erika Marie said...

your house so cozy!