Friday, July 31, 2009

My girls

When I was just shy of 18, I became a godmother for the first time. My oldest sister had her third daughter, Teresa Kay, who became my goddaughter. She was me and Joe's "practice baby" before we started having our own. Now she is growing up- she'll be 10 in a little over a week. Here are my three girls all together at her recent visit:
Teresa and Adelle:
If the shirt looks familiar, that is because it is. I knit it for Issy to wear two years ago. Here is the blog post about it. And yes, if you are keeping track, Issy was four when I made it for her. And I mentioned that Teresa is turning 10 soon. I made it a *tad* too big. It's ok, I have a better understanding of why gauge is important now :)

Once again, apologies for not blogging more consistently (especially to Mary- I know that drives you crazy!). If it makes anyone feel any better, it isn't out of lack of trying. I counted the drafts of blog posts that I have started and not published and there have been 6 since Adelle was born. This post, for example is dated July 31st, because that is when I started it. It is now August 16th. I'll try to be better, I promise :)

Life is going to slow down, for a while. But not really. We don't have any visitors for another month, so it'll slow down in that regard, but! our homeschooling year is starting soon. And in September, me and the girls are flying down for my sister's wedding. And some friends are coming to visit at the end of September. So no, I guess we aren't really slowing down :)

AND! in other exciting news, I started a sweater for myself. My sister who taught me to knit mentioned she was going to start Wicked by Zephyr Style and so I went to check out the pattern and loved it! (NB- For some reason, it won't let me link to that. Google it if you want to check it out, it is awesome!) I am doing it in Lamb's Pride Worsted in Misty Blue, I am so excited :) Anyone know if metal knitting needles are allowed on airplanes? I'll try to share some pictures, but you have seen my track record- don't hold your breath!

Thus concludes this edition of blog catch up :)

5 comments:

mary said...

i forgive you and it really doesn't bother me. i realize you have 4 very charming little reasons to have better/noisier/more demanding things to take care of. but i do enjoy when you find the time ; )

Unknown said...

your blogs always make me smile...
i'm still sticking with the belief that gauge does not matter....and,
i've never had any problems with my knitting needles and flying.

Brouillettes said...

The shirt you are making is beautiful! Makes me wish I could knit ;)

Michelle said...

Love the pictures. Wow that's cool that the tank fits Teresa.

Erin said...

You can knit too, Christina! Just go to www.knittinghelp.com and it has videos for everything!!!