Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Visitors!

We have been fortunate to have the opportunity to have a whole slew of visitors this summer! At the end of July, my Dad and niece came to visit. Here are some pics of their visit:
At the top of the ski lift at Grand Targhee Ski Resort, which is relatively close to our house. It has such a beautiful view!
They decided to brush the dogs one day, which was awfully nice of them, since I hate doing it and the dogs are shedding. I captured this kindness on camera :)
We purchased Adelle a bouncy seat with some money we had been gifted. It arrived when Dad and Teresa were here and she was trying it out for the first time. It also gave me the opportunity to get a group shot of the five of them together.
A summer hike.
Isaac picked some wildflowers. And if they didn't come easily, he yanked them up by the root.
Ice cream at Yellowstone while we waited for Old Faithful. Which was not very faithful- like thirty minutes late. The following pictures were taken by Teresa:
The boys climbing a dead tree.
Liam fell asleep in the car with the water bottle on his lap on the way home from Yellowstone. This was not a good day for Liam- he was very tired and grouchy. Very grouchy. I can't overstate how grouchy he was that day.
Sometimes my kids do weird things. I like it- it keeps things interesting around here. This evening, they were dressing the post by the stairway as some sort of princess.
Teresa got one of Sleepy Delle.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I like Teresa's pictures and I also like the weird things that kids do.

Angie said...

I agree with mishy...the things kids do are hilarious. Kate was playing with the vegetable steamer, oven mitt, can cooler and bread pan last night. I wasn't catching the whole concept but I think that she was cooking and using the cupboards and drawers as the stove.

pianomanda said...

Ooooh, wow. I laughed out loud. I wish there was a Princes Post in my house who entertained my children!!! :) Too cute.

pianomanda said...

I LOVE Adelle's bouncy seat too! :)