Tuesday, October 20, 2009

There's a baby on my back! (and other thoughts on moving)

Right before we left Idaho, Delle got a mild fever- not ever sure what that was about! She did not want to be put down, so I put her in the Babyhawk on my back and did some packing.

She has gotten so much older in the last month- sleeping better, moving better (yikes!), just a generally happier baby. I can't believe she is four months old already, didn't I just have her?

Our move to Kansas is complete- me and the kids got here, got house and the stuff got here, hubby got here last week, started new job. Soon, the house will be all unpacked, we shall get back to homeschooling and life will again be normal.

But it will still be slightly surreal. Because sometimes it seems like 28 months in Idaho were some sort of dream. Like I was living someone else's life. I am not sure how to adequately explain that- so I won't try right now.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I can kinda understand where you're coming from with the moving and whatnot. Matt was just commenting the other day about how odd it felt to just all of a sudden have a new home, and while we really liked our other house, we already feel very detached from it. Kinda like living there is a distant memory. We're thinking and praying for you as you all get settled in. And we're glad to have you back!

Erika Marie said...

I get ya ;)