Monday, October 26, 2009

Why Kansas is good

Knitting night :)
Cousins to help you open your birthday gifts!
Cousins to hold you upside down and tickle you
And so on and so forth...

These are the reasons I am glad to be back. I love getting to be with so many of my friends, such strong, beautiful women. Mothers raising their babes with all the love and joy and insanity that comes with it. Several of these women I have known since we were walmart-scavenger-hunting-teenagers together. I could have never guessed 10 years ago the wonderful ways that we would grow and change.

Cousins. Aunts and Uncles. Brothers and Sisters. Parents. Grandparents. Our kids especially are just over the moon to be near all of our family again. Their joy brings me joy. Sleepovers with cousins, family get-togethers. Playing with Grammie and Grandpa.

Such a blessing.

4 comments:

ArmyWife said...

peace. :) good for you

Jackie said...

we are so glad to be near your family again. you guys share so much joy, wisdom and awesome friendship with us. it really makes my heart happy for you to be near. most of all, though, we wish for God's will :)

Michelle said...

No words here, just a big smile :D

Erika Marie said...

like I said before, I know it was (and is) hard to leave the concrete and abstract beauties of your Idaho world, you bring so much to all of us here. I am truly humbled and grateful to have a friend like you and to have you and Joe and everyone close again! Now tell the kids to get better so that we can see you!