Friday, April 15, 2011

Really glad that part is over

Amnio done yesterday. Whew. Luckily, I had the first appointment of the day (7:30- oy!) so we didn't have to sit forever in the waiting room. In and out by 8:15, including getting me and Joe's blood drawn.

We went in and found a spot where they could take the fluid. Good news- even though the placenta is anterior (covering the front of my uterus), he was able to get a spot right beside it, instead of having to go through it. Baby was on the other side, breech, so there was a nice big spot with no placenta or baby. Not having to go through the placenta means lower risk of further sensitizing me if the baby has an antigen, so hooray!

Needle in, fluid out, needle out. Ouch! I had a pretty bad cramp right after they took the needle out, and then I got quite woozy and my ears started ringing even though I was reclined. I asked for some water and the kind resident that was working with the doctor that day got me a wet washcloth and I started to perk up. They did an MCA and his numbers looked fine.

Joe asked if they could confirm the sex, since the baby was pretty small last time, even though we were pretty sure we knew. And yes, most definitely another son.

Several people helped us out yesterday (thanks Mom, Erika and Michelle!) so that I could rest after it was over. My abdomen still kinda hurts a bit today and I have had some cramping here and there, but overall, much better. We get the results of the chromosomal testing in two weeks and he said that the antigen information might take less time, or it might take the two weeks, so we are prepared to wait a couple of weeks to find out. And then we can just take it from there.

3 comments:

Angie said...

Continued prayers. Thanks for the update.

Debi said...

Whew! Still praying for good results!!

Erika Marie said...

Glad it all went well. I was glad to help, though still sorry to have caused the anxiety and sleepless night by losing lamby! I'm so glad Nicholas found it. Though if he wouldn't have hid it....