Thursday, May 26, 2011

24 weeks

23 weeks
24 weeks. I wore this shirt when we visited Yellowstone when I was 37 weeks with Adelle. I am feeling doubtful that it is going to fit me in another 13 weeks.

Everything is fine here. Had an appointment yesterday- the little turkey is sitting breech, which is kind of uncomfortable for me. He has about another 4-6 weeks to decide to go head down. The sooner, the better. Not one smidge of concern about him looking anemic.

I am starting to feel like I am actually going to be having a baby. Perhaps due to the hardly deniable expanding abdomen and tossy-turny in my womb, it is kind of hitting me that in a few months I am going to be doing it all again- the first few sleepless weeks, the falling in love, the adjustment/adoration as the older kids get used to a new person in the house. I have bought him some clothes (even though, really, once I get all the hand-me-downs in place, he will probably be set. It is always nice to have a few new things, though), started thinking about what I will need to diaper him (again, yay for hand-me-downs!) and about his accommodations.

And still, wow. Another baby.

6 comments:

Becky said...

You look great!

I still have moments where I realize -- in less than two months I'll have a baby! It seems a bit incredible.

Anonymous said...

You are looking great!

Do you see a chiropractor regularly? There's one that is very close to you that I used to see and she does Webster Breech technique. She's at Drake Chiropractic across Rock Rd from Towne East, right next to the Wendy's. Her name is Dr. Ashley Thompson. You should check her out if you don't have someone else you're seeing. After three visits with her (I started at 31 weeks) Gianna finally flipped and got her head down.

Glad to hear baby George is looking great!

Erin said...

No, I could use a chiropractor, because I have had some issues with my lower back on and off, but I have to get a referral from my doctor and that is such a hassle I just haven't done it yet :-/ If he continues to be breech into the third trimester I will probably suck it up, though.

Debi said...

Oh wow! I didn't know the baby had to turn that soon! I have had a few of the kids breech until the last few weeks and then they flip, my OB said that was common in subsequent pregnancies...I never worried about it....was he way off??

Erin said...

Nope- he was right for most people :) For some reason, though, all my babies have gotten in their final position by 30 weeks. Most of them by 28 or 29. And then they don't move (even posterior and anterior- like the exact same position) except to kick and squirm. I am usually on the low end of what is "normal" for amniotic fluid, and I think that gives my babies less room to move. At least that's my theory :)

Erika Marie said...

lookin' beautiful!