Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Love you and honor you...


9 years ago I stood in front of my family and friends and said, "I, Erin, take you, Joseph, to be my husband. I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health. I will love you and honor you all the days of my life."

I have probably kept that promise better some days than others....

I am human, though, so I keep on trying, understanding that my loving and honoring will always be flawed, but honest.
We were so young. I appreciate that more now, with the hindsight that only a few years could give.

And yet, never once in the last nine years, have I doubted that getting married young was the right decision. When you know.... you know.
And the last nine years have been fruitful....

I am grateful for the opportunity to grow up with my very best friend and raise babies with him.
Happy anniversary, my J.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Happy Anniversary! Love you and congratulations on 9 years.

Debi said...

That's beautiful, Erin..congratulations!!!

Patty Arnold said...

happy anniversary you love birds!

Erika Marie said...

Happy day to you! Wow 9 years sure flew! I'm excited to see what the next will bring. It's been a blessing to have you and Joe as our friends and I'm so grateful our families can grow up together too. You have inspired us all with your fruitful and devoted love to each other. :)

Angie said...

Happy Anniversary! We celebrated our 4th on the 9th. June is certainly a month to pray for marriages!